Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Dress cleaning?

So I was planning on selling my dress, but as of now the bottom is disgusting. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I could get it cleaned for a decent price? I don't want to sink a bunch of money into having it cleaned and then no one buy it, but I doubt anyone would want to buy a dirty dress either.Suggestions?

Re: Dress cleaning?

• Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, if your dress is a synthetic material (not silk), I suggest filling your bathtub up with lukewarm water and woolite, and soaking it for a while, then handwashing it. That's what I did with mine after TTD, and lots of dirt and stuff came right out. I dried it over a couple of chairs in the dining room since it's been raining outside.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that sounds like a good idea, I'll have to give that a try, it's really just the bottom that's really dirty.
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Almoyo, it works.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Almoyo- Did you avoid getting the beading wet? Or did you soak that too (I am thinking the beading on the train area) and was it ok? My dress is really dirty on the bottom from the wedding although I am considering a trash the dress so I will probably wait to clean it then.
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Jess; let me tell you...That dress is indestructible. I don't think I lost a single bead from any part of it during the entire TTD shoot day, and I was completely submerged in a pond while wearing it. I wouldn't worry at all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Almoyo. I would love to see your TTD pics when they are available.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards