August 2012 Weddings
Options

My first wedding related freak-out

Hey ladies,
Last night I realized that we have less than six months till our big day.  Until now, I thought I was super organized and on top of things, but now I feel like I should be in panic mode.  I am worried that I have fallen behind with my planning.

Things we have done:
Venue was booked in September
Photographer was booked in Oct.
Bridesmaid dresses were ordered in Nov.
My dress was ordered at the end of Dec.
Invitations have been selected, deposit made and first draft is done.
Block of hotel rooms have been reserved.

I feel like most of the major things have been taken care of, but I feel overwhelmed with the little details, and the thought that I may be missing some things.

So I guess I want to hear from everyone else out there....how are you guys doing? how far along in the planning process are you, and what do you have left to do?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My first wedding related freak-out

• Options
    I've got church, reception, officiant, limo, florist, photographer, hair and makeup honeymoon done, and attire for wp/my dress. Still need to book bag pipes, order invites, get wp gifts, order my jewelry, and book lighting. Plus programs and table numbers. I also feel overwhelmed!
  • Options
    We also have our florist booked.  Our transportation, offciant, food, lighting, and dj are all taken care of through our venue, so we have that done as well.

I have been trying to find someone for hair and make-up, but the quotes I got last week seem a bit high.  Two different people quoted me $120+ for hair and $115+ for make-up.  I am looking to pay for hair and make-up for my four bridesmaids, but I wasn't expecting it to be more than $200 a girl.  so, I am still looking around.

I feel like I need to figure out gifts for the wedding party, but I'm not sure what I want to get.

Just this afternoon I think I found the jewelry for the bridal party, but I still need to find some for me.  I am also still looking for my perfect pair of shoes.

It just seems like there is so much left to do.....ahhhh
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It does seem like there is alot to do, we have pretty much everything booked. My big things on my list are invitations and center pieces, but other than that all the loose ends are coming together, we still need to decide on the cake. and i need to pick fi's ring, but for the most part our list is getting shorter and shorter!

it sounds like you already have a lot done, just keep at it!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • Options
    Here is what we have done: ceremony and reception venue (catering included), officiant, photographer, DJ, florist, cake baker, hotel room block, transportation, rehearsal dinner, table runners, my dress and veil, BM dresses, tuxes, wedding rings, and honeymoon.

The next "big things" on my list are: ordering invitations, booking my hair and make-up, and registering.  I'm hoping to do all of that in the next few weeks.  Pretty much everything else (like centerpieces, wedding party gifts, writing the ceremony) I'm saving for this summer. (I'm a teacher so I have the summers off).  

I feel like my to-do list is getting smaller, but it does still feel overwhelming.  It sounds like you have a lot of the big things done!  Just keep doing it bit by bit and you will be fine.  Depending on your area, and what books up first, I would focus on DJ, florist, and cake baker next.
  • Options
    I agree, I have a bunch done, but there are still so many details to attend to!

Sometimes it depresses me to come on here because I see everyone's checks and they are things I haven't even begun thinking about yet!

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_my-first-wedding-related-freak-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:9e163a55-727a-4e15-82e0-a07e2319ac16Post:778af0f7-65cb-4029-9fc5-6e647aec94a7">Re: My first wedding related freak-out</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree, I have a bunch done, but there are still so many details to attend to! Sometimes it depresses me to come on here because I see everyone's checks and they are things I haven't even begun thinking about yet!
    Posted by kap617[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally feel the same way! Coming on here reminds me of all the things I still have to do, and probably should already be done. Ah! Oh well it will all work out. I'm getting married in Orange County too! :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards