August 2012 Weddings

Terrified of what I've forgot!

So with 12 days left, and my venue providing most of my wedding, and the fact that I worked all summer on stuff, the only things left to do are timelines, picking up the tux, and getting the marriage license. Yet, I feel like I should have more to do right now! Is there some massive list ( besides the knot) that has everything you can think of needing for a wedding...just so I can make sure I've thought of everything!? Thanks!

image213 Invited
image150 Wouldn't Miss it for the World image39 Will Celebrate From Afar
RSVP Date: July 20, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Terrified of what I've forgot!

• I feel the same way but I'm sure even if I were missing something no one would notice / care. LOL
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Here's one: [link]
    You could also make your own list in a little notebook and keep it with you so that if you remember something ("Oh yeah, I have to tell Aunt Suzy that she's in charge of decorating the cake table!), then you can write it down before you forget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i used the knot list for a lot of things.  now that i'm the week of, i'm just sitting down at night and going through EVERYTHNIG in my head.  I try to think of every little bit in order.  For example, i'd start with thursday (our rehearsal day), and my train of thought would be something like this:

wake up (i need to set an alarm for X time)
    shower (do i have all the shower things i need?)
    get dressed (do i know what im wearing? is it cleaned and ready?)
    do i know how i'm getting where i need to be?
    what do i need to bring to the church? where is that stuff right now, and can i put it together somewhere so i dont forget any of it?
    who else needs to be at the rehearsal? does everyone know what time the rehearsal is and how to get there?
    etc
    etc
    etc

as long as you can get through the day in your head, the important things should be covered.  it might help to write this whole thing down too if you're a more visual person (that way you can refer back to your list!) Once i've gone through it once, i'm running it all by FI and Mom-- in case i overlooked anything.  last week, FI and I sat down with our parents to do a similar thing for the wedding day -- so everyone knows where they need to be when.  it helped a LOT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards