August 2012 Weddings

XP - St. Lucia Recs

Hi everyone! I also posted this on the honeymoon board, but I thought I might get some thoughts here too since St. Lucia is a popular honeymoon destination for August.

So, does anyone have any AI resort recommendations for St. Lucia? We want to it be reasonably upscale without spending $10K for a 10-day vacation. We're hoping to stay more about $6K-$8K. However, I'm open to hearing any and all suggestions.

Thanks, everyone!

Re: XP - St. Lucia Recs

• When we priced it out, we were looking at the Sandals Resort.  Our travel agent raved over it.  We also looked at the reviews online, and there were a lot of positives.  The price out of Chicago for 7 nights was about $5,000. Check with a travel agent. They have great suggestions, and have likely been there. They will also price match almost any price you find online.
  • My fiance and I just booked our honeymoon in St. Lucia and we are so excited! We are goiing through Sandals and staying at the La Toc resort, which gives us access to all three resorts on the island. We are doing 7 days, completely all inclusive, so I think it is definitely worth it because once you get there you will not have a worry in the world. I've done an all-inclusive Sandals type of trip before and I never once had to worry about bringing my wallet with me, even when eating out. We found a great deal online for under $2500. That doesn't include flight, but we are flying out of Los Angeles, so I'm sure we'll be able to find something reasonable. Plus, when we bought the trip, Sandals gave us credits towards booking our flight. Deals are EVERYWHERE, you just gotta be willing to do research! Good luck!! Maybe we'll see you in St. Lucia! :)
  • Thanks so much to both of you!! Jess-we are actually looking at both Sandals resorts (Grande and La Toc). I've heard great things about both, so we're just trying to narrow in on the room category we want. We'll probably be there until the 23rd, so our trips actually might overlap :)
  • We will be there the 6 thru the 16th of August at Sandals La Toc and pd 7k total with airfare from NY.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the info, Liz! We're just about sold on Sandals - just can't decide which one!
  • We are going 8/19-8/26! If you decide to book it, let me know if our dates intertwine and we can become Honeymoon friends! There are so many fun activities to do there! I know it sounds so cheesy but I've been on this board for months now and I'd love to finally meet one of the girls that I've been in contact with for the past year! Good luck with your booking! I definitely think Sandals is the way to go. Cool
  • We are also going to st. lucia but we are staying in the Halycon Resort. We went to a travel agent and flying out of Texas it was about $4,000. Now thinking back we should have booked for 2 weeks instead. I would definatly consider Sandals bc even if you stay at one you get to play at all three. So you have asses to all three resorts which is pretty cool. I heard a lot of great things about St. Lucia and the sandals resorts there. But as the other ladies said..Check  out a travel agent and see what they can give you
    Anniversary
  • edited March 2012
    We will be staying at Sandals Grande starting Sept. 2nd.  We booked through our travel agent and was able to get our entire honeymoon (flight & room) for about $4500!  We are so excited and have heard great things about St. Lucia and their Sandals resorts.  Glad to hear you decided on your honeymoon and have a great time!
  • jillpopjillpop member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Hey guys :)

I just decided to do a wedding in St. Lucia...2013. Can any one recommend an all inclusive resort to stay.... and best time to go?  Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards