August 2012 Weddings
Options

One Cost You Found the Highest

As I was looking at our final budget last night I was surprised how much the catering really ended up being. Ouch!

What was the one thing you found to be the most outrageous.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One Cost You Found the Highest

• Options
    I Agree food. My plates are cheap but still it adds up quick. Also almost 200.00 in alterations for my 300.00 dress.
    85image 71image 14image
  • Options
    Alterations and the DJ.
    My alterations were $360 for my 600 dress! Yikes!

The DJ was the most outragous thing I dealt with. I bet I talked to 20 vendors before finally finding one I was okay with paying his price. If I had a live band I would have been more okay with it, but since all music is digital now I couldn't believe some of the prices I was getting back. I told more than one company "you press buttons on a laptop, what other magical tricks do you do, to quote me that price?" My dj now is awesome and we've seen him at bars in our area so I'm glad I searched so much to find him!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My dress! Double what I budgeted for plus $200 in alterations. Still can't wait to wear it.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I guess I thought photogarpher would be the highest, but food/beverage definitely for a full wedding with guests.  But I wanted a good photographer, so I searched high and low for an affordable but quality one.  Being the Excel geek that I am, here's our wedding breakdown, not including the other roadtrip costs (gas, other hotels).

19%     Attire (gown, accessories, suit from Kohl's)
    32%     Photographer (engagement photos, 3 hours of elopement day)
    11%     Ceremony (officiant, park passes, FI's ring, I am using my e-ring)
    20%     Lodging (2 nights at lodge)
    15%     Reception/details (bouquet, boutonniere, wedding cake, dinner, breakfasts, champagne)
    4%       Hair/make up
  • Options
    Our food and beverage cost is definitely the one that surprised me the most.  It is almost half of our total budget!
  • Options
    Definitely our band.  Live music was a must-have for FI, though, and I think it will really make the party.

Also, I think our honeymoon is probably costing us more than it should at this phase in our lives...
  • Options

I knew the catering would be expensive, so the reception food and bar are definitely the highest costs but that was no surprise: what surprised me was how expensive the flowers are. I made the mistake of getting talked into flower center pieces....the little old lady definitely saw me coming ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    freaking STAMPS! seriously, who spends $300 on postage? and then still to have to track down rsvps? that was the most surprising.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's my own fault, but our wedding party gifts and favors took 10% of the budget.  The favors are very affordable, but I couldn't resist splurging of a bit on all my bridesmaids and our parents! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards