August 2012 Weddings
Options

I bought a copy cat dress....

A few days ago on my Show Me Your Dress post, a Knottie mentioned Chelsea from a Four Weddings episode had my identical dress.

After searching all over the internet, I found the designer of her dress and the Style #. Turns out, we DO have the same exact looking dress, but her particular dress is from Essence of Australia, and mine is from David's Bridal. Which means DB copied a high end designer. 

Here is Essence of Australia's Website Picture in Champagne
(They also have it in Ivory and White)

I found this from Google Images

Here are DB pictures

I guess this sort of helps me out since I'm now able to see what other real brides look like in the dress.

Re: I bought a copy cat dress....

• Options
    It's beautiful! I really do love the back of the dress! A friend of mine who got married this summer had a back like this on her dress. :)
  • Options
    I'm looking at that dress too!  Have you tried it on yet, and what do you think?  I'm going to DB on Saturday to try it, but then to a Maggie Sottero trunk show after.  It would be great to like the DB dress the most and save some $$.  I'm curious what you think about it, the quality, etc.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_i-bought-a-copy-cat-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:a5f707f6-f2be-46cc-b4a4-25bc1bf853a6Post:92ce73ae-70f1-4c4c-93d7-c865afe90c7f">Re: I bought a copy cat dress....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking at that dress too!  Have you tried it on yet, and what do you think?  I'm going to DB on Saturday to try it, but then to a Maggie Sottero trunk show after.  It would be great to like the DB dress the most and save some $$.  I'm curious what you think about it, the quality, etc.
    Posted by rojacobs[/QUOTE]

Actually, the quality of the fabric is very good. I didn't try on one dress at DB and think that any of their fabrics were cheap felling, etc.

I really loved my dress from the moment I put it on in the dressing room, and there weren't even any mirrors in there. I bought it after trying on a sample 2 sizes too small because I just loved the feel of the fabric so much. It's very lightweight and comfortable, which was very important for me since our cermony will be outdoors. It's also really easy to move around in for dancing.

Keep us updated if you find yourself a dress!
  • Options
    I almost picked that dress.  It was gorgeous, but I just wasn't comfortable with the open back.  It was wonderful charmeuse fabric though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards