August 2012 Weddings
Options

Hotel Blocks?

So I mentioned in my previous post that we checked out some hotels today.  I just got emails from the people we met with regarding pricing.  I had originally wanted to provide one budget hotel for guests and one nicer one where I figured we'd splurge and get a suite for our wedding night.  The one I was thinking was "budget" was very nice, basic, clean.  Had updates like flat screen TVs, breakfast included.  Then the nice one we looked at was beautiful.  Marble in the bathrooms, beautiful lobby, breakfast $10, very classy place.  I got the prices and there's only a ten dollar difference!  The really nice one is $147/night and the "budget" one is $137.  I was thinking it would be around $99.  The other hotels in the area looked a little more run down so we didn't even stop in thinking we'd found 2 great options. 

My question is... should we just provide info for one hotel block with our invites?  I've usually seen 2 provided, but my sister said 1 would be find, and if people don't want to stay there, they can look for other places themselves.  I think I'd go with the really nice one since it's not that expensive.  Also, if we get 25 other guests to book there, our suite is free.  What are you guys doing as far as hotels in your invites?
8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards