August 2012 Weddings

Valentines day gift?!

My FI and I always keep our Valentines day gifts to each other simple. But I am needed some ideas as to what to get him. Like I said, something simple and cheaper would be great. So I would love to hear your ideas!

TIA!

Re: Valentines day gift?!

• It's so old school junior high, but one year my FI (then BF) and I made each other "mix tapes" (actually CDs) of songs we thought the other person would like and songs that reminded us of each other or our relationship. So meaningful and I listen to mine all the time.
  • Well I got us both a couples massage and was thinking of doing some chocolate covered strawberries to have along with a bottle of champagne.  We are going out that weekend before with a group of couples so hopefully keeping it low key when the actual day comes along.
    We don't make too much of a fuss but its still nice to take some time out to spend a little time together. 

Anniversary
    imageimage

TTC since 8/2012
    BFP#1 ? 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD ? MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 ?
    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_valentines-day-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:b1e58e42-a1e3-428d-aa72-980c1263a459Post:28e53fb8-0d48-459f-b61e-f4b2a7fbbe0a">Re: Valentines day gift?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's so old school junior high, but one year my FI (then BF) and I made each other "mix tapes" (actually CDs) of songs we thought the other person would like and songs that reminded us of each other or our relationship. So meaningful and I listen to mine all the time.
    Posted by Britt0412[/QUOTE]
    I love that idea!!

Anniversary
    imageimage

TTC since 8/2012
    BFP#2 ?
    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?

• Britt0412Britt0412 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_valentines-day-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:b1e58e42-a1e3-428d-aa72-980c1263a459Post:ffbcad9d-b75b-4245-99a9-e92d2abb5427">Re: Valentines day gift?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I got us both a couples massage and was thinking of doing some chocolate covered strawberries to have along with a bottle of champagne.  We are going out that weekend before with a group of couples so hopefully keeping it low key when the actual day comes along. We don't make too much of a fuss but its still nice to take some time out to spend a little time together. 
    Posted by skeppler1[/QUOTE]

I love the couples' massage idea! I did this a few years ago and my fiance pretty much hated it. I thought I was getting us this nice, romantic, relaxing gift. I didn't know it at the time but he really does not like massages. Regardless, he was such a good sport about it and went along with it and we were able to laugh about it. The mix tape was a much more successful V-day gift! :)
  • I am debating writing my FI a poem (I have done it in the past and he loved it), or making a collage of phrases that remind me of him (depends on how much time I have)!!  Otherwise I got him a simple card (he loves those) and will get him some Mini M&Ms (his favorite candy)!!  He doesn't like anything expensive and would rather have us have dinner together than go out and buy expensive gifts each year. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my fiance and I don't spend a ton on Valentine's day gifts- we usually just get all our favorite stuff and make a bag or box.

Like I put in his favorite candy, his favorite beer, and this air freshner he likes for his car lol.

then he usually gets me my favorite flowers,  the most amazing cream puff from this bakery that i love, and my fav candy (which is Mini Eggs and its that time of year again!!!!!) and like rents my fav movie.

Nothing spectacular but tis stuff we dont necessarily buy for ourselves-- so we get it for each other.

then we make our fav dinner together that takes a long time- eggplant and chicken parm and baked 5 cheese pasta (and we do it the super unhealthy way as opposed to how I usually do it with grilled chicken etc)-- im talking tons of fried goodness and full fat cheese. And indulge.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_valentines-day-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:b1e58e42-a1e3-428d-aa72-980c1263a459Post:29a2fff1-a189-41a5-950b-3da3d556c325">Re: Valentines day gift?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Valentines day gift?! : I love the couples' massage idea! I did this a few years ago and my fiance pretty much hated it. I thought I was getting us this nice, romantic, relaxing gift. I didn't know it at the time but he really does not like massages. Regardless, he was such a good sport about it and went along with it and we were able to laugh about it. The mix tape was a much more successful V-day gift! :)
    Posted by Britt0412[/QUOTE]
    We both have been wanting to get one.  It's stressful planning a wedding and house hunting.  I might try the cd sometime, very good idea

Anniversary
    imageimage

TTC since 8/2012
    BFP#2 ?
    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?

• Thanks for starting this thread!  I really like these ideas!  

I was going to do the envelopes with a date for each month but since we are trying to keep it low key, too, I am now thinking "14 days of Valentine's" lol I have no idea what that means yet, but throwing it out there because it'd start tomorrow.
  • Great thread!  I have no idea what I am getting my fiance for Valentine's, but was thinking since I'm not working that day that I will make him a very nice semi-fancy homecooked meal.  I was thinking broccoli cheese soup in a bread bowl, roasted asparagus, stuffed pork chops, and coconut chocolate brownies.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Beer.  It's something I know my FI will actually want, which I'd rather if I'm spending money, and he's cut back on buying it recently to save money.  I'm also cooking up a few of FI's favorite treats and ordering him a pizza (his favorite food of all time).  Then I'll top it off with a nice, mushy card. :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards