Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Monday Football Post

It was a good weekend for football(for me)! Tech won and it was all because of the defense. The OU/UT game was a good defensive game also. Looks like the Big 12 defense it getting better! When Bradford decided to stay another year I called that he was gonna get hurt and it sucks that I am right. I am excited for this weekend when A&M comes to town. Wreck em!

Re: Monday Football Post

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was so sorry to see Sam go down.  That was the first time I had seen Texas play all year and let's just say I wasn't impressed.Looking forward to Texas/Mizzou this weekend because it's a fun rivalry up here at work.  That will probably be the last college game I watch until the championship.I was happy to see all the other NFC East teams lose this weekend.  If Dallas doesn't do anything this year, I may root for New Orleans.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't see him go down but I just kept thinking that it was either worse than they thought or he rushed back.  Either way it's bad.  I thought that both tu and OU play horribly in that first half.  I stopped watching because I was tired of seeing them not being able to hold on to the football.I was willing to give Coach Sherman a few years to get things together but I think I'm done with that.  We need a new football coach and fast!
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A&M football has hit an all new low... The motto has gone from "maybe next year" to "wow can we get any worse?"
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought I was going to need to change my signature picture this week, but I guess not :( On the bright side, Texas barely made it away with a win--that is not how a #3 team should have played against their first (barely) ranked opponent.
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    ashdubcharlesashdubcharles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The TX-OU game was hard to watch. Both teams looked like they were physically there but mentally in another country. I totally agree, Marissa (and so did the two TX fans I watched the game with)....Texas did not look like a top 5 team. On another note, I heard several OU people say if Sam could have played it would have been so much better. I don't know about that....again, both teams looked pretty bad. I'm glad Oklahoma State beat Mizzou, but I still think we are way overrated, as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think anyone cares except me and TCUSW really....but Yea Frogs!   6-0 and counting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stephie - I'm going to the UT/Mizzou game this weekend! It should be fun, cold, but fun. And both Texas and OU played bad football on Saturday. It was a little painful to watch. And the Chiefs actually won a game!! Woo!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And both Texas and OU played bad football on Saturday. It was a little painful to watch. Agreed! What was with all those turnovers?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I blame the fried butter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/10/17/gimme-a-t-for-texas-and-t-for-terrible/Yes, I am a sore loser. I'm okay with blaming it on the fried butter like Emi, though :)
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only conference still worth following this season is the SEC.  For this, I hope Texas wins out the rest of its games and goes to compete for the NC title against either Alabama or Florida, and then will promptly get their butt whopped on national TV.  Proving once again that we need a playoff system for the BCS, not these rankings. Wait, TCU is an exception to this.  Still fascinated to see what they will pull off by the end of the season.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Dreynol1Dreynol1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did anyone see the late hit on the Tampa Bay punt returner? The Carolina guy laid him out after he called a fair catch. He left the game with a concussion. I am glad for the Tech win. It was a big win for us. Michael Crabtree is expected to play next week for the 49ers...since he finally signed his contract.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's great to be a Florida Gator!!!!  I wish would play Texas for the BCS championship so they can humilate them on national television!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish would play Texas for the BCS championship so they can humilate them on national television!!!! I'm okay with that
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think even if TCU goes undefeated the whole season, they won't play with the big boys.   Depending how others play, they might get the auto-bid to a BCS bowl but they won't be playing with the big boys at the top. (Hmm.. TCU vs. Texas could be interesting though... we might actually have a chance!) LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that a play off system is needed.  I'm tired of the asterisk arguments that occur every year.  I also agree that SEC football is probably more exciting than Big 12.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, just got word on a change of plans for this weekend. Marissa - you should like this.Since the UT/MU game isn't until 8pm, we've decided to ditch them and go see my beloved KU Jayhawks (probably lose) to OU. Can't wait to get back to my college town. (Sorry this was kind of an AW).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Emi,I'm jealous that you're getting to go to your college town.  I love going back to College Station.  Have fun!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Julie! I'm really excited! We go to KC alot since Jeff's parents live there, but never make it to Lawrence. It'll be a great time...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Emi--have fun! At this point, you guys might just win.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards