August 2012 Weddings

Programs

I am trying to put together our programs for our cermony. What all information do you include in the programs?

Re: Programs

• We have the front page (names, date, location), then order of the ceremony, then list of wedding party members, then a thank you note to the guests with info about the reception.
  • We are doing fans... We have the bridal party line up with names and roles, parents and step parents, officiant (he is a friend), fun facts about FI and I, and the order of events... then the other side is a picture with our names and the date!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    On the front cover, we are including key information like our names, date, time, and location.  On one side of the inside, we are putting the order of the ceremony.  On the other side, we are listing parents, officiant, and bridal party.  On the back, we are including a short thank you note to our guests and parents.  

This is a site with really user-friendly templates if you are making your own.  Wedding programs are under the bulletins section.

• We are doing fan blades.
    Blade 1- General Info our names. Location. Time. 
    Blade 2- Wedding Party
    Blade 3- Ceremony Order
    Blade 4- Thank you! Then Directions to our Reception Site. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours are two pages front and back and folded over into a booklet.
    Cover- Our names, date, time, location, etc.
    Pages 1 &2- The order of events (with some little explanations of the personal touches we added).
    Pages 3& 4  we have the names of the wedding party. Then we each wrote a few sentences about our bridesmaids and groomsmen...just a brief bit about who they are to us and something fun about our relationship...just to make it more personal and to honor them a bit. Page 5- The names of our loved ones that we are "carrying with us in spirit" then an irish wedding blessing poem
    Page6- Reception information & directions
    Back cover- Thank Yous

image229 Invited
    image134 Have their dancing shoes ready!
    image95 Will be sitting this one out.
    image0 Undecided

• Cover: names, date
    Page 1: Welcome/thank you blurb, a small sentence about those who are no longer with us..
    p2 - processional and participants in the ceremony
    p3-7 full explanation of everything happening in the ceremony including our personal touches. we are jewish but are having quite a few non-Jewish guests so we wanted to make sure they understood what was going on and what it meant
    p8 - explanation of our wedding canopy that was made by my mom

• We are doing fans since we are having an outdoor ceremony and reception. I actually was up till 2am finishing mine last night.

Cover - our name, and date and ceremony location
    Left panel - Ceremony order
    Right panel  - Thank you to our parents and a note in Memory of our grandparents who have all passed.
    Back Panel: Wedding Party and family members.

I've seen programs that are a several page booklet and I've seen them that are one page front and back. It all depends on how much detail you want to include and how formal your cermony is!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards