August 2012 Weddings
Options

Help with DIY Magnets

I need help with trying diy magnets for my STD. Do any of you ladies have any helpful information to assist me? If I remember correctly, another knottie on this board did their own, but I can't remember who it was. TIA

Re: Help with DIY Magnets

• Options
    Hey Tia! I did my own STD magnets. I created the image in photoshop and then uploaded it to vistaprint.com. The have great prices and shipped pretty quickly. When I first was looking into the magnets though I considered using http://www.savethedatemagnet.com/. They seemed to have a simple process. Hope this helps! Good luck!!

Happily married since 8.25.2012
  • Options
    My MOH and I used PowerPoint on her computer for my save the dates I was going to go to buy magnet strips and put them on the back but by the time I thought of it we were to tired to go anywhere. I am so sure walmart or Michaels or any craft store would sell magnet strips that would work if your paper is not very heavy we just used photo paper and put names and wedding date on them with 3 engagement pics. Hope this helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options

I too did my own STD magnets.
    I designed them in Word 2010 and sent the file over to Vistaprint so they could print them out.

I think they look amazing.

My suggestion, would be to google "STD magnets" and look at other folks work.  Then decide what look you are going for.  I would then mimic one that you really like.  You can also add your own touch.... for example, instead of using a sunflower you could your monogram. 

Good luck!

• Options
    Defnitely Google Vistaprint coupon codes before purchasing from there. They always have discounts that arent' advertised.

Also, Zazzle has some really cute ones. I found those to be much more customizable than the ones on Vistaprint.
  • Options
    My MOH and i designed them printed them at walgreens 5 by 7 and then bought break apart magnets and put them on the back. If you did 4 by 6 and printed them at walgreens they would extremely cheap. I think for 60 mine totaled out around $55 std, envelopes, and magnets.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards