August 2012 Weddings
Options

Makeup for the day of

Have any of you gone through Ulta, Sephora, MAC, or say Macy's to hire a makeup artist for the day of?
I just emailed a couple of Wedding Wire makeup artist vendors, but they are way expensive and I'm doubting they have availability at this point... Did some one say something about beauty school students?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Re: Makeup for the day of

• Options
    My to be sister in law went to sephora and asked one of the workers there if she knew anyone who did make up for weddings.  (they are not allowed to say they do it).  So the woman told her to write her number down and she would have someone call if she found someone.  So she called later and gave a good price, so we are using her
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I had a friend that worked at the makeup counter in Neiman's that would do private events and such for a really reasonable cost.  Check all the major stores, or beauty schools...
  • Options
    I went to ULTA and they did the makeup for free if you spent 30 in products. So I had the makeup don't and bought the lips and eyes for touchups.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers THw1PKynnBZ4fVUGLPN1j6BKQ8d6ARbX4jGydYMHvUQ,QezptEgimhvAOeg49lyOshWKDraDzrdno-lHdColcd8
  • Options
    I found out that my hair salon does make up there too.  $40, so I booked there.
  • Options
    I went to Ulta and they did the free make-up trial so me and my friend would see how to do it.  Then my friend and bridesmaid, who has done make-up, will do my make-up the day of.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm doing my own makeup.  I do professional wedding makeup on the side, and my advice to you is to make sure you do a test trial with whoever will be doing your makeup.  The last thing you want is to find out, on the day of your wedding, that your MUA only knows how to do drag queen-esque makeup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards