August 2012 Weddings
Options

A Questionaire just for fun...

Hi Ladies,

Bored again on my LAST day of work before 20 days off!! WOO HOO!! Lets have a questionaire just for fun!

1. What was the best thing about wedding planning for you?
2. What was the worst/most disappointing thing for you?
3. What was the thing that surprised you the most?
4. What are you most looking forward to AFTER the wedding?
5. What are you going to miss after the wedding?

And just for fun if you feel like it:

1. Tell me your engagement/ how you met story!
2. What is your FAVORITE thing about your Fi?
3. What do you think will be the most difficult thing about being married?

Thanks for playing! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image230 Invited
image180Accepted
image50 Declined
image0 Undecided
RSVP Date: July 25, 2012

Re: A Questionaire just for fun...

• Options

The crafting!
    Figuring / arguing about the guest list
    People have an opinion about everything
    Finally being called his wife! Life going back to normal
    the daydreaming, LOL

After 9 years together he proposed in our home on Christmas Eve morning, it was emotional and amazing at the same time. He isn't a really mushy guy so for him to ask me to spend the rest of our lives together, and since we've made it this far, he thinks we can figure out the rest as we go. It meant alot.
       He can always make me laugh, he is incredibly loyal
        We've already lived together for 4 years so I'm not sure.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Here is my answers:

1. What was the best thing about wedding planning for you? DIY was a lot of fun! I loved getting all the pretty stuff done!
    2. What was the worst/most disappointing thing for you? My mom was not involved. I thought this would be a really special time for us, and we have actually grown farther apart. This was difficult for me.
    3. What was the thing that surprised you the most? The cost!
    4. What are you most looking forward to AFTER the wedding? Relaxing! And, sorry, TMI, but we haven't done it in a few months so SEX! lol
    5. What are you going to miss after the wedding? I will miss everyone being very talkative with me and having something in common with people that I usually don't. I have a lot of older cousins that I really never talked to and we've grown close over the last few months, so I hope that stays!

1. Tell me your engagement/ how you met story! My fiance and I were introduced by a mutual friend (one of my very best friends and BM!) 6 years ago. We were both told we would be "perfect for eachother" and laughed about being set up with another dumb person. Luckily, we liked eachother, and we started going steady right away. 5 years, 1 apartment, 1 year with Fis parents and a week away from buying a house, I finally got my ring at our favorite restaurant which has a small tower you can climb. I am very grateful and lucky for my man!
    2. What is your FAVORITE thing about your Fi?  He is so darn calm all the time! He has been a life saver in listening and helping through the wedding planning process.
    3. What do you think will be the most difficult thing about being married? Keeping things exciting and not getting bored of the same old thing....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image230 Invited
    image180Accepted
    image50 Declined
    image0 Undecided
    RSVP Date: July 25, 2012
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

Bored again on my LAST day of work before 20 days off!! WOO HOO!! Lets have a questionaire just for fun!

My favorite part was planning all of the little details that will really personalize the day.  I also liked writing our ceremony from scratch.

Overall, the wedding planning process has been pretty smooth for us.  I guess the hardest part was the fact we are getting married a couple of hours away from where we currently live, so traveling to meet with vendors and attend appointments was stressful at times.  People not RSVPing on time was also stressful.

The cost!  While I definitely anticipated a high cost for some things, I was surprised by others.  Our venue adds a 20 percent gratuity to everything, which I now know is typical, but I was surprised by when I first started planning.

The honeymoon!  We are leaving for the Dominican Republic the Monday after our wedding.

I'm a pretty organized person who actually enjoys planning, so I think I will just miss the planning in general.  I also have a few friends who have gotten married within the last year that it has been fun to bounce ideas off of and talk weddings with.

We met in college when I was dating FI's roommate!  It isn't as bad as it sounds, though.  We didn't get together until long after the other person and I broke up and FI was no longer living with him.  We got engaged on a hike in our favorite state park.

He is extremely dedicated in all areas of his life, which includes me and our relationship.  He also can make anything fun and enjoyable.

We already have combined finances and own a house and pets together, so not a lot will change in that sense.  I think making sure we always keep things fun and don't fall into routines might be hard.

Thanks for playing! :
  • Options
    1. What was the best thing about wedding planning for you? Having FI on board with  the wine theme and the colors!
    2. What was the worst/most disappointing thing for you? My Mom has barely helped, I was hoping she would be more involved.
    3. What was the thing that surprised you the most? How quickly the guest list got out of control, we wanted 50, comprimised to 80 and are now at 92!
    4. What are you most looking forward to AFTER the wedding? Our honeymoon in Thailand, buying a house in the spring (we just sold 2 houses) and life getting back to normal.
    5. What are you going to miss after the wedding? Nothing! I truly disliked wedding planning and am so glad life is going back to normal soon.

1. Tell me your engagement/ how you met story! On a beach in the middle of our 2 week trip to Spain and Portugal. We went for a moonlight walk and he proposed. 100%  surprised.
    2. What is your FAVORITE thing about your Fi? He is the nicest guy ever, goes out of his way to help everyone.
    3. What do you think will be the most difficult thing about being married? Finding a house! I am a city girl and he is a country boy. Lots of compromise!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dress shopping and even more so picking it up from my seamstress for the last time. :)
    Having our videographer drop out and now having to have a friend do video for us
    The time commitment it takes to plan a wedding. Could not have done this without my mom!
    The honeymoon and getting to finally live with my soon to be husband. I cannot wait to come home and get to be with him every day
    The excitement of our wedding coming up

He proposed with a bunch of carved out pumpkins that spelt marry me. They were all lit up and so so cute!
    How caring he is about me. and so thoughtful
    Sharing responsibilities. I am pretty picky so it will be interesting to see what our little arguments will be about.
  • Options
    1. What was the best thing about wedding planning for you? designing so much of it myself (as far as the stationary stuff is concerned) I loved doing that.
    2. What was the worst/most disappointing thing for you? the finances. GOSH it's expensive and just bothers me that we're spending so much on ONE day!
    3. What was the thing that surprised you the most? How quickly you can blow your budget. LOL
    4. What are you most looking forward to AFTER the wedding? Just spending the rest of my life with my husband and not having to ever plan my own wedding ever again!
    5. What are you going to miss after the wedding? NOTHING! :D

1. Tell me your engagement/ how you met story! The short of it is that my jeep was giving me trouble, and I asked a friend if he knew anything about it - he gave the phone to Greg, and we started talking. The problems went away before he even got to look at it and never came back. :)  As for the engagement, well he had asked me to be his g/f on what would have been my grandparents 64th wedding anniversary, and then when we were up at the lake at his parents cabin on our 1 year anniversary he proposed on their 65th wedding anniversary, and now we're getting married on their 66th. We're having a parisian theme in their honor since they met while stationed in Paris during WWII.
    2. What is your FAVORITE thing about your Fi? How he is with my daughter, his endless patience, his compassion and love. He's amazing.
    3. What do you think will be the most difficult thing about being married? I'm not sure, we get along so well and already live like we are married. But probably just learning to deal with his imperfections.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    How close and how much time I have gotten to spend with my mom
    The way my FMIL tries to make her self look like she is right in the middle of all the planning when really i havent even talked to her in like 2 months...
    How fast all the costs add up
    Being able to call FI my husband
    Nothing! cant wait for the stress to be over

I met him at my old job. I worked there for about 3yrs seeing him on a dialy basis before we ever talked.
    His corky sense of humor can always make me laugh no matter how mad or upset I am
    Weve been together for 5yrs and have 2 kids I think everything will be fine
  • Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I'm bored too, so thanks for doing this!  So jealous that you have so many vaca days!

Cake tasting was pretty yummy
    Drama
    nothing
    well, it will be Fall - so eating and cooking for football sundays!
    getting to be ocd-planner

at a Phillies game
    his smile.  and he treats the dog like our kid - he even carries her to be when she's fallen asleep elsewere.  it's ridiculous and adorable.
    avoiding bordemn.  we're so lazy it's bound to happen
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Spending the time with my mom and grandma. They are my best friends.
    Buying my first dress, and losing too much weight to make it fit. Then having to buy a new one 7 weeks before the wedding.
    How helpful everyone has been, and how amazing my friends are. My BM's are a little on the lame/low key side. So I never expected them to be so helpful or to throw me an amazing shower and bachelorette party.
    Our HONEYMOON!!!!! I started a new position at work a few months ago, and between that and the wedding, I'm ready for some slow time.
    Along with getting back on track with my Tastefully Simple business. It has taken the back burner the past few months.
    Having an excuse to go to my parents house, or go shopping with my mom. Wink

Met in high school gym class. Got engaged 7 years later in our backyard in front of all of our friends. All because I found out that he was going to be proposing to me on our trip to Vegas. So he wanted to make is a surprise and did it before we left.
    How laid back he is.
    Deciding when to have kids. We both have careers that we absolutely love, and we just aren't ready to give up traveling yet.  But we both want to have children sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    I love reading other brides' responses, these things are so fun :)

1. What was the best thing about wedding planning for you? The simple knowledge that FI and I are going to be together forever has been wonderful. Just getting to see all these beautiful things and great ideas on theknot and Pinterest and such has been fun too.
    2. What was the worst/most disappointing thing for you? We originally wanted to get married at a hotel we went to for our 1 year dating anniversary, but they were already booked by the time FI proposed. It took a few months before we found another venue; I had my dress before we even knew when or where we'd be getting married!
    3. What was the thing that surprised you the most? I got so sick of wedding stuff around the four or five months out mark. I didn't even want to go on Pinterest. But once we moved, I got all excited again. :)
    4. What are you most looking forward to AFTER the wedding? We live with FI's friend, who is really nosy and annoying, but he's going to be gone for a week or two. So we'll have the place to ourselves, thank goodness. And I am SO EXCITED to see our cat again! I've only been away a week, but FI says she wanders from room to room, meowing and looking for me. Breaks my heart.
    5. What are you going to miss after the wedding? Just that feeling of having such a big milestone ahead of me. I'm going to have to throw myself into school so I can look forward to graduating :D

1. Tell me your engagement/ how you met story! We'd been talking about getting married for a year, but it got serious last summer. FI hinted that he had a ring, but didn't tell me much more. One day he planned a camping trip, just the two of us. He said he wanted to go before it got too cold (it was September). He wanted to hike up to a waterfall, and I agreed, even though it was hot and I didn't feel like climbing. There was a small waterfall, which was nice, but FI said there was a bigger one hidden up ahead. We turned a corner, and there was the biggest, most beautiful waterfall with a rainbow running through it. I was absolutely transfixed, until FI said, in an odd voice, "Baby?" I said, "Yes?" And he turned around and pulled a ring box out of his pocket. I started crying before he even asked me! :D I said yes, we hugged and kissed, FI had to try twice to get the ring on because he was shaking so much! We just sat next to the waterfall for a while, enjoying our own bliss. What a perfect day.
    2. What is your FAVORITE thing about your Fi? That he's so good at reading me. And even when I snap at him or vice versa, we always make sure to talk it out right after.
    3. What do you think will be the most difficult thing about being married? Since we're both so young (I'm 20 and FI is 22), I think there might be a few bumps in the road regarding both of us growing up a little more. But that's also one of the nice things: we can finish growing up together. Having someone there to share everything with me is going to be such a comfort.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_a-questionaire-just-for-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:c6bcd5ed-8a8a-4b56-9be1-356bcc792d22Post:00c25bb8-f47b-4aec-b782-455ebbe3c7b9">A Questionaire just for fun...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies, Bored again on my LAST day of work before 20 days off!! WOO HOO!! Lets have a questionaire just for fun! 1. What was the best thing about wedding planning for you? 2. What was the worst/most disappointing thing for you? 3. What was the thing that surprised you the most? 4. What are you most looking forward to AFTER the wedding? 5. What are you going to miss after the wedding? And just for fun if you feel like it: 1. Tell me your engagement/ how you met story! 2. What is your FAVORITE thing about your Fi? 3. What do you think will be the most difficult thing about being married? Thanks for playing! :)
    Posted by Sunshine811[/QUOTE]

1.  The best thing about wedding planning is I'm not sure.  It was pretty exhausting most of the time.  But I think it would have to be knowing that it's all for us and we are gonna have a great time

2. The most disappointing thing would definately have to be when my MOH & best friend decided that she didn't want to be in the wedding any more because she couldn't emotionally handle walking down the aisle. That's what she told me.

3.  The thing that surprised me the most is how fast everything added up and how much everything cost.

4.  Spending the week with my HUSBAND on our honeymoon.  Even though we are taking our 2 youngest with us it will be quality time together.

5.  I'm not going to miss any of the wedding planning or anything about it.  I just want Friday to get here.

Part 2

1.  Our engagement.  When FI 1st got together, I was dead set against ever getting married again.  I had recently ended an 18 yr marriage to a man that was mentally and verbally abusive.  And since I had been with my ex my entire adult life I didn't know how I should be treated.  So after we were together for a while in a spur of the moment conversation I told him that I loved him so much that I would probably break my marriage rule that I had.  Well that night he unofficially proposed to me.  Over the next few weeks we looked at rings and we found one.  Once we got it he took it and put it away and told me that he would give it to me when he was ready.  My birthday came and I was sure that I was going to get it then... NOPE!!!   Then several weeks went by and Mother's day rolled around.  We were laying in bed and something seemed like it was bothering him.  He jumped up and was sitting on the side of the bed and was very nervous and wouldn't say anything.  Then he stood up and told me (we were ready for bed) that he needed pants on for this.  He then went in the drawer where he kept my ring, got down on one knee and appologized for making me wait for so long and promised that he would never make me wait for him again as long as I agreed to be his wife.  Of course I said yes and the rest is history.

2.  My favorite thing about my FI has to be his kind and gental nature.  He truely is the most patient, kind, and thoughtful man I have ever know.  He's not judgemental, he's always trying to help me with things around the house even though he works 70 hrs a week.  He is an amazing father and father figure to all of our children.  I don't think that I could have found a better man to spend the rest of my life with.

3.  Since we both have been married before we know now that it takes communication and cooperation to make a marriage work.  We talk our problems and work together to solve them. 
    image 141 Are ready to party!
    weddingcountdown.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. What was the best thing about wedding planning for you? I got to spend a lot of time with my mamma!
    2. What was the worst/most disappointing thing for you? The dang RSVP and guest list
    3. What was the thing that surprised you the most? People have no problem putting down your ideas and saying what they want.
    4. What are you most looking forward to AFTER the wedding? FINALLY being able to see FI more than 2 weeks every six months..it's been a long few years. And moving across the country with my hubby!
    5. What are you going to miss after the wedding? My family once I move!

1. Tell me your engagement/ how you met story! FI is my roommates brother. I met him through her while he was in Iraq. She is my MOH now so it is pretty cool :)
    2. What is your FAVORITE thing about your Fi? He can make me laugh no matter how grouchy or stressed to the max I am.
    3. What do you think will be the most difficult thing about being married? I am not sure. I am waiting to find out! :) But I know we wll get through it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
    image99 Leavin' Me hangin
    RSVP Date: August 5, 2012
  • Options
    1. What was the best thing about wedding planning for you?  We get to go on vacation to a new cool place, so planning involved picking a vacation since we're doing a weddingmoon.

2. What was the worst/most disappointing thing for you?  Realizing my family is totally lame and does not care.  They disappoint me.

3. What was the thing that surprised you the most?  It was fun to learn FI's tastes and dislikes as far as weddings go!

4. What are you most looking forward to AFTER the wedding?  Freeing up my brain with something else besides wedding stuff!

5. What are you going to miss after the wedding?   Looking at pretty dresses.
  • Options

I've dreamed of getting married since I was a little girl so getting to plan a wedding to my FI is a dream come true. I love looking at weddings and dresses and flowers and all that pretty stuff. It also gave me an excuse to buy wedding magazines which I've always loved looking through!
    The stress.   A lot of things needed to be done asap. I felt pulled in all directions constantly. I'm not a great decision maker and I had to make a lot of decisions in the last 8 months. The biggest disappointment for me has always been our wedding date. It's a decision I have regretted since we booked it. you would think being 11 days out, I'd have accepted it but I just never wanted to get married on a Sunday or in August.  I wanted our reception venue and they only had Sundays left when we booked so I had to go with this one unless I wanted to wait until 2013 or look elsewhere and I didn't at the time. Not for the first time, I wish we had looked around at different venues. But it's too late. I know I will love our venue that day and if we have gorgeous weather, I will be fine with the date.  

That you get opinions from people without asking for them and sometimes they come from the strangest source. (like your 50 year old male boss). Everyone seems to like telling you what you should or shouldn't do.

getting my life and free time back! being able to call FI and best friend my husband and hopefully relaxing and enjoying ourselves for awhile.

I will miss all the wedding planning I did while at work, lol. It sure did save some boring slow days. I will miss looking at all the pretty pictures flowers and dresses and ideas on Pinterest and other websites. Other than that I won't miss the planning process at all.

1. Tell me your engagement/ how you met story! We met on the beach through mutual friends but didn't start dating until the following summer. We would see eachother out all the time, and he pursued me the whole time but I wasn't interested until I got to know him better. He proposed in our living room (we live together) we had gotten our Christmas tree that day and decorated it, went to the movies and out to lunch. Very low key and took me by surprise.

He has a very good heart and makes me laugh.  He also deals with my stress and wedding related freak outs very well.

3. What do you think will be the most difficult thing about being married? We've lived together for over a year and know eachother pretty well by now but I think we just need to remember to communicate with eachother better.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards