August 2012 Weddings
Options

Ahhhh.. my photographer backed out!

My anxiety level is at an absolute 20! I was all set, and getting ready to take our engagement pics in a couple of weeks (just after the holidays), when I got this email this morning: "I am so sorry to have to write to you this morning, but I have some news. I have recently found out that I am expecting a baby & due on July 18th. I am having some concerns with my due date being so close to your wedding date. If my little one comes later than expected, I have a C-section, or I am not cleared by the doctor to return to work, this may be a problem. So with much sadness I have to say that I am going to have to cancel our contract & will no longer be able to shoot your wedding. " Although I am super excited for her, I am super disappointed. I thought i had this all checked off, and now I don't want to have to start looking again.

She was kind enough to find us another photographer to shoot the wedding who would honor the contract and is available, but I am just not sure I "love" her like I did...

Grrrrr. back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the vent ladies!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ahhhh.. my photographer backed out!

• Options
    Oh No!!! that's awful!  Well, great news for her, but awful for you!  I don't know what I'd do in the situation!  I guess I'd start calling people with comparable styles asap to see if they still have your date available and your can give you pricing.  Did you ever have a photographer that was a close second place when you were choosing this one?
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You have time!  Take a deep breathe and just start looking online!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest "I'm thinking balls are to men what purses are to women. It's just a little bag, but we feel naked in public without it." -Carrie ~ Sex and the City
  • Options
    Yikes!  That's a bummer, but at least it's a good reason.  Who's your back-up?  I know there are a ton of great photographers in New England, so I'm sure you'll find someone wonderful!  I'm a big fan of my photographers, and they're very budget friendly, and I know they do Boston - alexissteinphoto.com

Anniversary

• Options
    Sorry to hear !!! If you have Facebook I am finding that is a good place to find photographers vs the whole internet world :) Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Big time bummer!! I'm sure you'll find another you love just as much!! Good luck!!
    Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That sucks, but there is still time. Or I'm just procrastinating, I havent even looked for photographers yet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards