August 2012 Weddings
Options

The New Year means it's time to...

...make sure you touch base with vendors that you have not yet paid a deposit or signed a contract.  Or, even if you have, just send a follow-up hello.

I followed up with my ceremony site & caterer just because it's been since Sept since we made arrangements.  Imagine my surprise when I was told our "hold" on the ceremony venue expired in October.  Yikes!  The space was still available & I sent deposit immediately, but had I not followed up with a couple questions, I never would have known we didn't have it!!  For the record, we were told we didn't need to place our deposit until 2012, but the contact person also changed in the meantime.

So, I would just recommend touching base with those vendors you may have booked first thing, but haven't really had to speak with since.  Happy New Year!

Re: The New Year means it's time to...

• Options
    you are soooo right because i just happened to send my venue a email and he said that date was not held because he never recieved my desposit excuse me i sent the desposit february 2011 and it was the beginning of decemeber but thank God i just checked up
  • Options
    Oh wow, good point.  My date was only ever held for like 24 hours and I put deposits down immediately but it is weird that we haven't had contact in months.
  • Options
    start planning the wedding!!! I have everything pretty much covered just need to start booking!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards