August 2012 Weddings

Are you sending a RD invite?

Is everyone sending a RD invite out? Is anyone doing an evite? email? or other? All I can think is crud, more stamps... haha
196 Invited image
104 Ready to Rock! image
92 Party Poopers image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are you sending a RD invite?

• colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    My FMIL is planning the RD so she will be sending out invites. We are having a pretty formal wedding and so we are trying to keep everything pretty formal including how we invite people. But I don't see why you couldn't do an evite type of thing. :) Make it easy!
  • We are still trying to decide this as welll... I'm interested to see what the responses are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image230 Invited
    image180Accepted
    image50 Declined
    image0 Undecided
    RSVP Date: July 25, 2012
  • edited June 2012
    My FI's family are technically hosting the rehearsal dinner so they will be sending invites through the mail (we'll be having about 40 people, so they thought it would be a good idea). We will probably be ordering invites for them though since they haven't done anything like this before and asked for our help!

image229 Invited
    image134 Have their dancing shoes ready!
    image95 Will be sitting this one out.
    image0 Undecided

• We are having a small wedding party.  just MOH and BM.  We are just having a casual BBQ in our back yard.  I just did word of mouth.  I think it depends on your crowd, how formal things are.  I've been in a couple weddings and I think it's always just been word of mouth.  

I think either way is fine.  
    85image 71image 14image
  • I think we'll be going the "word of mouth" route as well; it's mostly just our immediate families, plus his groomsmen. We're most likely going to be doing pizza or the like so we don't think invites need to be terribly formal.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We will probably do word of mouth, as it is just our bridal party and SOs and immediate family.
  • I have had it both ways, word of mouth and an actual invite. I must say the invite in the mail was a nice surprise.  My FMIL is hosting and loved the idea so we are sending out invites.  Nothing fancy just simple and to the point.  I just think the invite in the mail is really nice looking.  We got ours from vistaprint.

image213 Invited
    image150 Wouldn't Miss it for the World image39 Will Celebrate From Afar
    RSVP Date: July 20, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI's stepmother is sending out invites in the mail in a week or two. We also added an online RSVP section to our website for it.

We're having it at a restaurant and they wanted a head count and food choices ahead of time so they are ready for us. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_are-you-sending-a-rd-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:d4b50463-cf37-4b4a-a35c-74f07dd3baa8Post:b8ab8cd6-196d-4abc-984d-b57244a27323">Re: Are you sending a RD invite?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI's stepmother is sending out invites in the mail in a week or two. We also added an online RSVP section to our website for it.  We're having it at a restaurant and they wanted a head count and food choices ahead of time so they are ready for us. 
    Posted by lclemence[/QUOTE]

Oh smart!!!!

image213 Invited
    image150 Wouldn't Miss it for the World image39 Will Celebrate From Afar
    RSVP Date: July 20, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will be sending out an Evite.  FI's parents are paying for dinner (we're going low key & ordering pizza at the park), so I will just send it to everyone and list both us & his parents as the host.
  • I enclosed a insert into the wedding invitations for our bridal party, immediate family, and grandparents.
  • we'll mail out paper invites for it since we have about 30 people and the resturant wanted a head count and food choices ahead of time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 223 invited
    image 139 are ready to party!
    image 87 have better things to do
    image 4 cannot find the mailbox

RSVP Date: July 20
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards