August 2012 Weddings
Options

Help me with my theme :(

Okay so I think the reason I'm having such a hard time nailing down details and seeing the big picture is because our theme is so loosely defined.  We are sold on our colours (aqua, chocolate, and ivory).  We want it to feel laid back and fun... but also like a wedding.  So, semi-formal but with not a lot of froo froo.  All I have to go on are the colours, the summer, and the relaxed feeling.

Can someone help me narrow this down?  Give me theme suggestions that might fit?  I was thinking a vintage theme, but Fi shot that down as soon as I said it.  We both like the idea of a summer night theme (inspired by our constellation table names), but we don't want stars and moons everywhere, so that basically leaves us back at square one.

What's your theme?  Can you help me find one?

ETA: Do you think I could have a theme that's just "summer?"  Take all the things I love about summer, narrow it down to a few, and make them into one big party??

For example, sparklers, cocktails, sundresses, candles, popsicles, etc.... and turn them into details that form a perfect summer day/night?  Do you think that's cohesive enough?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards