August 2012 Weddings
Options

T & P needed.

I just heard from my mom a bit ago that my grandma isn't doing so hot. Friday she informed me that my grandma could in congestive heart failure and has been for at least 24 hours, they aren't extactly sure. Tonight she told me she isn't doing any better, and probably isn't going to be making to much longer. She has been able to pull through the past few times she has gone down this path with her health but I'm nervous that she won't be able to pull through. I am her first grand-daughter to get married and really want her there on that day.

I just really need some T&P right now, I've been trying to work on a paper that's due tomorrow and I can't even concentrate on that right now.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: T & P needed.

• Options
    Sending you vibes <3
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers coming your way!
  • Options
    So sorry to hear about your Grandma's health! Hope she pulls through! I'll keep her in my thoughts!!
    Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    good vibes and prayers coming your way. I've been there recently so I know how hard it is to lose a grandparents around the wedding, :( we are here if you need us.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I called my mom earlier today but she was with my grandma so she couldn't talk to me about it. If it wasn't for classes I'd be out there today but due to a paper being due I sadly won't be able to go. My plan is to miss classes tomorrow and go see her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers sent your way!!!  I've lost all my grandparents (I was younger), and we thought we were losing FI's great-grandma this past summer, she pulled through and I hope your grandma does too!!  If you need to talk we are here!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I just got a small update from my mom - she had fluid around her lungs, it's going down a bit, but she is still very weak. She can't hold up a coffee cup, and is very disoriented. I am still torn about going to visit tomorrow due to having a paper due next Monday, and over 200 pages to read over the next few days. I'm thinking I'm going to go, I'd hate myself if I didn't.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CHF can be scary..  I would encourage you to go see your grandma, but I do have a question.  Would it be possible for someone else to drive there so you can read or work on your paper on the way?  Just a thought!  Hope she continues to be able to fight the fluid in her lungs and feel better!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am trying to get my FI to come along with me so I can work on something for the drive, and so he can see her as well. I worked on most of my homework today so tomorrow when I do travel to see her. I was going to go see her today, but I was dealing with my MOH have a bridesmaidzilla moment about the dress last night so I didn't get to bed until late.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry about the additional stress from your MOH!  I hope that you are able to see your grandma today though!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was able to see her and watch her take her final breath. She sadly passed away this morning. Thank you ladies for all your vibes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss... I lost my grandma and great-grandma when I was 12, so I know it is hard.. More thoughts and prayers being sent out to your family and those who knew your grandma!  If you need anything, just let me know!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards