August 2012 Weddings

Wedding this Fri...any other brides feel like this?

I know this is supposed to be one of the happiest times of my life but Im just soooo tired and worn out from working, going to college and taking care of my 3 yr old and I will be relieved when this is over.  My Mom has literally been my wedding planner, she works at home so she has done a lot of calling, making appointments, addressing my invites, following up on the RSVP's, the list goes on and on...Any of you ladies feeling like this? Last week was so busy in meeting our preacher, going for a trial hair session, another dress fitting, dealing with my daughters daycare because I have her shot record and they need a paper filled out by her doctor, arguing with FI about different things..I am excited and nervous, just having a bunch of emotions here right nowCry
Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week

Re: Wedding this Fri...any other brides feel like this?

• Yeah I'm having some issues myself. I go to school and I work full time and I have a 6 year old and we moved into our new apartment on July 1st and had to register her for school and it's been absolutely chaotic and I have done 90% of the planning and everything for our wedding and FI and I have been bickering quite a bit lately - it's rough. BUT it'll all be worth it in the end!!! :) Right now it's just stressful but we'll make it through. Now I gotta work today, tuesday and wednesday then I'm off to deal with all the final wedding stuff. Right now I'm just eager for the day to be here so I can relax and enjoy it!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have been feeling guilty for wanting the day to be over with. This week I'm finishing up my 3rd semester of grad school. I feel so worn down and almost defeated recently. Thinking about how close the wedding is feels dreamlike.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel the same way. I only work full time but even that is like crazy trying to fit everything in around your work schedule. I have been so worn out this last week, that I just hit the bed and I am out cold! I even slept through my alarm clock the other day and I never do that!

My boss gave told me that when she got married the week or so before her wedding was the same way. She said the night of her wedding and the night after her wedding were these best nights of sleep she had ever gotten. She said they stay over at a hotel near the airport to leave out the next day and she was sure the bed wasn't that great of bed, but it was the best nights sleep and the bed felt so good to her. 

So, I guess it will be like a huge weight lifted off your shoulder when everything is finally over with. Just remember to take a it slow that day and to remember the things that mean the most like the look on your husbands face when he first sees you walking down the isle, moments that will be remembered the most and not things that people won't even remember about the wedding or if the little projects that weren't completed.
  • I'm currently not working...job was horrible and am going back to school full time in the fall, so we worked out a way that I could have some extra planning time between leaving work and the wedding.  Although I am comfortable with where I am for Friday and have several people helping me decorate the day before, I still have a very odd mix of emotions.  Feeling a little useless without the job and a little lonely during the boring days.  House is staying clean at least!  I can just feel myself getting stressed/anxious when there is nothing to be stress about!  I very much admire you ladies pulling all your daily responsibilities on top of planning a wedding.  Hope you girls are taking a long honeymoon, you deserve it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards