Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

When should u get a makeup/hair trial

when should i get this done, i still havent found a person to do my hair/makeup, for some reason i thought it would be cheaper then the day of, but most places charge just as much...advice? who did u use? when did u do ur trial? did u do it the same day as ur portraits? thanks a lot!

Re: When should u get a makeup/hair trial

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had 2 already and am doing a third next week!  But that's because the first person didn't work out, and now I've just changed my mind and want to try something different.  I would go ahead and scheduole it if I were you.  You might not like the first person you go with.  I'm using Kristin Colaneri.  Alot of girls do use the trial for their bridals--but to me that is risky because what if you don't like it?  And yes most people charge for the trial, but it's usually a 2-3 hour session for both hair and makeup.  At least mine was.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I'm not risking doing the trial for bridals either because I'm afraid of me not liking the finished product. I'm actually planning on scheduling some trials during the holidays season when there are formal parties and stuff. I figure I'll get some use out of it, but won't be too disappointed if it doesn't turn out well.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How do you even tell them what you like when it comes to makeup? I can't look at a photo and see a similar look on myself. I am at a total loss on what to tell my girl for a makeup trial.  :(

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Instead of telling them specifics of what you want, try to describe the kind of "look" you're going for. Sexy? Smoldering? Edgy? Soft? Luminous? "Bridal"? Romantic? Then let them decide how to make that happen. It'll be easier to pinpoint what you do and don't like once the makeup is on your face.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it was hard for me.  I thought I wanted a certain color palette and now of course have rethought the whole thing.  So I'm going back to try a smoky eye which I've never done before.  But that is definitely not something you want to try the day of!  But that's the point of a trial--to see what works and what doesn't.  Look at pictures and bring them with you as that will help.
  • Options
    mandiemariemandiemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a real hard time explaining the hair / makeup I wanted. I went through TONS of magazines and ripped out all the pictures that resembled what I saw in my head - my girl got it PERFECT, and we didn't even have a trial!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How do you even tell them what you like when it comes to makeup? I can't look at a photo and see a similar look on myself. I am at a total loss on what to tell my girl for a makeup trial. :( I just told them I wanted to look like myself.  I didn't want to look like I'd put on too much eye makeup and too much blush.  I wanted to look like I do everyday, just a little more dressed up.  I picked out colors that I knew for a fact complimented my skin tone and my makeup artist went from there.  She did exactly what I wanted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards