August 2012 Weddings

Let's talk TIPPING. Again. Bah!

We were trying to figure out if this is suitable. Opinions please?

Hairstylist: my MoH's "MIL" - she will NOT accept a tip if I try to hand it to her so I am going to send her a nice thank you card with a photo from the wedding and a tip in that. 

Officiant: this is our deacon, he's retired - so I'm wondering if I can just write him a check in a nice thank you card the night of the rehearsal? Or is it best to give him cash? I want him to at least CONSIDER keeping it for himself and I'm afraid if I give cash he'll just dump it in the collection plate at the church lol. I'm unsure he will even accept it so maybe sending it to him would be better? I don't want to be rejected and have to insist. I'm too shy for that.

Photographer: I work with our photog, I was thinking about giving her a nice card with a good tip in it once I've started to see the photos. (she is her own boss)

Photobooth Operator: I wanted to give him a nice tip either night of or send him a card with a glowing review and a tip. I do believe he's the owner of a franchise offshoot though and there isn't much said about the standard for tipping these guys yet...

Baker: owns her own, i'm going to tip the delivery driver like $20 though.

Rehearsal Organizers: These girls have gone above and beyond already - but I wanna see how the night goes too. They have photos and cards in their office from past weddings, and I want to add to that - is it acceptable to give them a nice hefty tip in a card with a photo from the wedding AFTER the big day? (I would probably give it to them on Saturday or Sunday)

Rehearsal Staff: Gratuity is included (19%) so I'm not doing anything there.

DJ: also best man, FI's brother. we were gonna give him cash afterwards too :D
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Let's talk TIPPING. Again. Bah!

• We've got some family friends doing things for us that I know will not accept a tip, so we are giving them a gift card to one of there favorite resturants.

Our photographer also runs his own business, Is the rule generally if they run the business thento not tip? 
    Photobucket
  • Everything I've read said not to tip the photog if they are in business for themselves.
  • That;s what I thought I had read, too. A thank you card will be a nice guesture.
    Photobucket
  • I was thinking a thank you card + a photo from the wedding (since our photog will easily be able to get us one next day!) would give it a special personal touch...
  • We are tipping the photobooth person $50. Or that is what we have set aside, and will tip accordingly. The DJ we are doing $100 unless we feel he has gone above and beyond, or has slacked. Then we will give and take accordingly.

Otherwise the only others we are giving "extra" money to is our pastor. He only charges $50 to marry us since we attend his church regularly, but he has done premarital counseling with us for the past 9 months. So we feel he deserves much more than $50. We are giving him $300 instead, and if he doesnt accept then we will put it into the offering plate on Sunday.

No other vendors will receive tips since they own their own business, but we will be sending them a nice thank you card with rave reviews to use with future clients.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards