August 2012 Weddings
Options

Show Me Your Dress!

I wanna see all your dresses ladies!!! So if you have a pic of yourself in it from a fitting or whatnot - post it! :D And tell me how you found your perfect dress!

Here's mine! (naturally I won't have those black leather bracelets on with it hahaha)

I'd been looking online for dresses for a couple months and this one just kept catching my eye, so I had it book marked but it was on clearance and I wasn't sure I could find it in store. Then in September 2011 my bridesmaids and I went to try on dresses at David's Bridal and I picked about 8 dresses off the racks and I stumbled across the ONLY one they had left in this style - and it EXACTLY was MY SIZE!!! I tried on the first dress, then tried this one on and all the ladies in the fitting room just stopped dead in their tracks and were like OMG THAT IS THE ONE! BUY IT NOW! TAKE IT HOME! lol. I decided to still try on the other dresses but I didn't think I looked right in white, and my heart just was set on this gorgeous gold dress. So I tried it on again and the attendant picked a feathery hair piece and a veil for me that just looked PERFECT with the dress - so I just said I'LL TAKE IT ALL! lol. The dress was on a final clearance for $250 and I paid $250 for the slip, clip and veil to go with it. So $500 for all of my clothing for the wedding ;) not too bad!!! :D I'm absolutely in love with this dress and cannot wait to wear it on my big day :D 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Show Me Your Dress!

• Options
    Wow. That fits you perfectly!

I fell in love with the designer, and one dress that was very different from this one. Once I had tried on the other a handful of times, I realized it was too plain for me. I wanted my wedding dress to be more dramatic. This one caught my eye and when I showed it to my parents along with the other favorite--it was decided this was the one!
  • Options

Here are the pictures when I got the dress right out of the package, as I ordered it online, sight unseen.  I personally feel these pictures don't do it justice, but I can't seem to find any others.
  • Options
    Jen that is GORGEOUS! I love all the details! and I always loved all the buttons going up the back - just sooo long to get buttoned into it! heh

odustudent: I've seen that dress before I think on DB's site! I actually had my heart set on that style before I found my dress. GORGEOUS! I love the touch of color :)  The train is breathtaking :) 
  • Options
    eseney82eseney82 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    This pic is from when I bought the dress, so Im in the sample.  I havent had a fitting yet, and I dont have any pics of my actual dress.
    This was the last store of 3 we went to that day, and the last dress I tried on.  I chose a few dresses that caught my eye to try on, and my dress was one that I actually didnt pick, the salon owner chose it for me.  It was one of those things where when I put it on, I knew!  There were 2 others dresses I liked at a diff store, but neither gave me the feeling I had when I put on this dress.

• Options
    I love seeing all the dresses.  Its getting so close.  You ladies look lovely! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_show-me-your-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e765affd-f86a-46a2-8e5c-32e186101858Post:aa322ca7-80b5-448c-bda2-9464e1094117">Re: Show Me Your Dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This pic is from when I bought the dress, so Im in the sample.  I havent had a fitting yet, and I dont have any pics of my actual dress.
    Posted by eseney82[/QUOTE]

Beautiful! Even in a sample size ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_show-me-your-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e765affd-f86a-46a2-8e5c-32e186101858Post:b4a0858c-71ce-4c0b-9b70-03d1f4f8cf45">Re: Show Me Your Dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jen that is GORGEOUS! I love all the details!<strong> and I always loved all the buttons going up the back - just sooo long to get buttoned into it! </strong>heh odustudent: I've seen that dress before I think on DB's site! I actually had my heart set on that style before I found my dress. GORGEOUS! I love the touch of color :)  The train is breathtaking :) 
    Posted by ohnoitskaroljo[/QUOTE]

haha it is just a zipper up back with those buttons as decoration.
  • Options
    Jen - LOL thank God for that! One of my friends had all the buttons and they were ACTUALLY buttons hahaha

eseney: I love the mermaid style dresses! You definitely seem to have the figure for it too! Gorgeous! :) I couldn't possibly pull that off - child bearing hips ;) LMAO
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_show-me-your-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e765affd-f86a-46a2-8e5c-32e186101858Post:7ac89c5c-365e-4300-886c-fca91afd9144">Re: Show Me Your Dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jen - LOL thank God for that! One of my friends had all the buttons and they were ACTUALLY buttons hahaha <strong>eseney: I love the mermaid style dresses! You definitely seem to have the figure for it too! Gorgeous! :) I couldn't possibly pull that off - child bearing hips ;) LMAO
    </strong>Posted by ohnoitskaroljo[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I tried on all different styles, and this one seemed to be the best fit for me.  I just got lost in dresses that were a fuller style.
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    These pictures were taken before my fittings. But I still absolutely love my dress!

I went dress shopping with my mom and two of my bridesmaids a while back. Not expecting to find anything and with a vision of a fitted dress with a little poof at the bottom (mermaid style). Well we get to this huge dress place in the cities and the consultant pulled out a few dresses like that I was envisioning and they did nothing for me. So, she finally pulled this one and told me she thinks I will love it. I was scared because it was nothing like what I wanted besides the sweetheart neckline and the lace. Well as soon as I put it on I fell in love. I even cried when I went to show my mom and friends.
  • Options
    mtishawt - I love the skirt on your dress! Such a pretty style! I think it looks great as is! :) 

colstj1 - aww so pretty! I love that belt/sash that's added onto it! :)  And that sweetheart neckline looks perfect on you! isn't it amazing how sometimes the clerks at the stores know better than we do what we'll love? LOL
  • Options
    Found my dress in the outlet bridal store of the local bridal boutique.  Paid a whopping $335 for it.  It has some nice rouching (sp?) on the front and stomach area. Then on the back down to my butt. Has buttons all the way down the back, which I just can't help but LOVE!!!

Had tried on probably 75 dresses total, and had no idea what I wanted. Still am not 100% on whether this one is "perfect" or not, but I think that's more because I've lost so much weight and it doesn't fit right.

All it needs now is a fitting. I've lost 25 pounds since I bought it. So a lot of the areas do not fit too well.

• Options
    I had my heart set on another dress until my daughter said "Hey try this on." I fell in love until I saw the price. I almost fainted, but I was already in love.

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Brij2006 I think that dress is absolutely lovely! You tried on 75 dresses?!?!? Crazy!! hehe. Congrats on all the weight loss! You look great!

20pearls16: already told you how pretty you look in yours :D i love that drop hip look :D
  • Options
    Yup. 75 dresses. I'm a very indecisive person.
  • Options
    I knew I wasn't going to spend over $200 on a wedding dress and I knew I couldn't deal with a traditional heavy dress, so I started looking at bridesmaid dresses.  This is the one I chose and ordered online in white.  I hate navy blue, so seeing past that was huge for me!  I did get my white one in the mail, but haven't had any pics in it and it needs altering!

• Options
    I expected to fall in love with a strapless, sweetheart neckline satin dress, but that didn't happen :) 

I'm a little nervous about the deep neckline + cleavage showing in my dress, but my friends and FMIL assured me that it wasn't too scandalous.  My aunt almost had a heart attack and said I don't look like a bride (rather I looked like a not-so-nice word) because the plunging neckline, so I've definitely been rethinking the dress.  Super nerve wracking!  I hope it's ok, I feel comfortable in it and shouldn't worry too much about what others think.

• Options
    That's pretty rungirl!! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_show-me-your-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e765affd-f86a-46a2-8e5c-32e186101858Post:90870e08-5b70-4c02-9afb-0eb4f334d542">Re: Show Me Your Dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I expected to fall in love with a strapless, sweetheart neckline satin dress, but that didn't happen :)  I'm a little nervous about the deep neckline + cleavage showing in my dress, but my friends and FMIL assured me that it wasn't too scandalous.  My aunt almost had a heart attack and said I don't look like a bride (rather I looked like a not-so-nice word) because the plunging neckline, so I've definitely been rethinking the dress.  Super nerve wracking!  I hope it's ok, I feel comfortable in it and shouldn't worry too much about what others think.
    Posted by rojacobs[/QUOTE]

i think you most deff. look like a bride, a beautiful one at that!!!!  that dress is stunning-and amazing on you!
  • Options
    Here's mine:

My mom and I decided I would try on mermaid style dresses.  I knew from magazines that I like the rosette trend.  The first store we went to, we tried on mermaid dresses and I liked them all, but nothing was good enough to buy my first time out.  I loved this one very similar to 20pearls16's dress with a chunky glitter belt added to it, but it was the dress I would come back for if I didn't find anything.  Finally, the consultant asked if I wanted to try anything from the Kenneth Pool trunk show, and I jokingly said I'd try the dress from the mannequin, thinking it was way too expensive.  Well, my mom, two bridesmaids, and I fell in love and we bought it on the spot.  I haven't had any regrets and this picture is before my fittings when it first came in.  

Since we are having a daytime wedding, I decided to get a shorter dress for the after-party.  I fell in love with a Little White Dress from Amsale and had to go into the city to their flagship store to try it on.  I actually ended up liking another dress in the line, and added a belt to it.  I'm glad I went there because I found a thin belt I will be wearing as a headband that day and it's perfect!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_show-me-your-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e765affd-f86a-46a2-8e5c-32e186101858Post:90870e08-5b70-4c02-9afb-0eb4f334d542">Re: Show Me Your Dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I expected to fall in love with a strapless, sweetheart neckline satin dress, but that didn't happen :)  I'm a little nervous about the deep neckline + cleavage showing in my dress, but my friends and FMIL assured me that it wasn't too scandalous.  My aunt almost had a heart attack and said I don't look like a bride (rather I looked like a not-so-nice word) because the plunging neckline, so I've definitely been rethinking the dress.  Super nerve wracking!  I hope it's ok, I feel comfortable in it and shouldn't worry too much about what others think.
    DO NOT RETURN THAT DRESS! OMG! You look AMAZING! I LOVE that dress! You don't look like a _________ at all lol! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_show-me-your-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e765affd-f86a-46a2-8e5c-32e186101858Post:244cc4cb-0fbb-47f2-bc4f-3aeef3acbb48">Re: Show Me Your Dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's mine: 
    Posted by mercy4[/QUOTE]

Oh I LOVE that bodice! Gorgeous! And the shorter dress is adorable! :) Both look fabulous!
  • Options
    I love all the different cuts and shapes and fabrics...  all of these pictures look amazing!
  • Options
    Wow I LOVE all your dresses! Everyone's is so different but so amazing how great you all look! So my dress is all over lace from Pronovias. I had originally went out looking for a plain silk taffita gown with a sweetheart neckline that I saw on SYTTD Atlanta. Couldn't find it... but the more gowns I tried the more I loved lace and realized lace loved me! So I almost bought the Watter's Pasadena gown, until I tried it on in New York and the same day a huge family feud (no pun on the show intended) errupted. I felt like that dress had a bad omen on it, and was a little above price point anyway... I was discouraged because I really thought that was the dress, but determined I went shopping in Charlotte again with 2 of my trusty bridesmaids, back to the same few stores again. We told the attendant to please bring us every lace dress they had in store, and we would grab the ones that no one else was trying on. For some reason everytime I had went in, there was some other bride trying on all the lace gowns. So we pulled whatever we could, and MY DRESS was one that had just appeared in my room. Even though it was literally 10 sizes too big I knew the second I put it on that it was the one, better than the first, I saw fireworks, bells and whistles, me walking down the aisle etc... I walked out to look in the mirror, and my friends teared up. Then the moment of truth... I hadn't looked at the price tag... but when I did I almost cried too... it was $500 less than the original dress, exactly on price point! There was only one thing left to find out... could they change the neckline and make it sweetheart? Yes yes they can!!! So this is a pick from the day I purchased in November... My fittings are not scheduled yet, but I guess I better get on that!!! I also purchased a different but similar sash on etsy... :o)
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

This is my dress! I can't wait to wear it :) I actually had a dress as previous described in my other post and was having some serious regret over it so I popped into a little bridal shop up the street from my house and I somehow managed to pull this dress and that was it. After the lady tried to work with me on my original dress, she put me in this just to see the poofyness and I fell in love. So much better than my other one, and I made the decision all by myself
  • Options
    This is mine- my first fitting is in 8 days!!!! Sorry for the blurriness...

with my cathedral veil...

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Probably not the most flattering photo...this is when I originally tried it on and only took pics to remember each dress.  I ended up buying it the first day I went dress shopping.  The fabric across the top will be held up for kind of a ruffled neckline, the fabric on the neckline cascades all the way down the back.  The dramatic back is really what sold me on it.  I found it on the sales rack and decided to give it a try.  I didn't realize it was $99 gown sale day until I was in this dress...so my $750 dress cost me next to nothing!  Prior to my first fitting, I was seriously debating buying a different dress, but I think it grows on me every time I see it!  The style number is swg9905, there are WAY more flattering pictures online!

All of your dresses are gorgeous and you all look stunning.  I have to be honest...I love the one that does NOT make the bride look like a you know what.  Love the straps and the neckline!
  • Options

Wow - you have a great body and if ANYONE can pull off that dress looking classy, I would say it's you.  You look stunning.
  • Options
    Here is my dress:

I got it from David's Bridal. I actually went to Davids and loved this dress right away, but I wasn't ready to stop shopping so I went to a couple other stores before ultimately buying this one. I had originally not wanted strapless, but I loved that it was light and flowy. I even felt torn between this dress and another one for a little while, but finally decided that I would regret not getting this one. The other was lace and beautiful, but didn't feel like me. I'm so happy with my choice and had my final fitting last month.
  • Options
    Aww! All of you ladies look so beautiful!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards