August 2012 Weddings

XP: Moss initials completed - PIP

I have completed our moss initials that will be part of our ceremony and reception decorations.

The paper mache letters are 24" tall from JoAnn's and preserved moss from Theresa's Plants and More (clicky) who also has a shop on Etsy. I painted the letters first in dark brown acrylic paint and used Mod Podge on the back and half way up the sides for a little extra durability of the surface. I covered the front and sides with moss using hot glue to attach and left the back (Mod Podged side) bare. The ribbon is 4" wired ivory taffeta fed through picture hangers (attached with E6000) on the back and ends sewn together.

They will hang here in the lobby for the ceremony and above the fireplace upstairs for the reception

This is the first DIY project that is 100% complete! The tissue poms are 90% done and are being stored flat under the bed and just need to be fluffed when it is time to decorate. Paper flowers are in the process of being made for aisle decor while invitations are being folded and taped waiting for printed pieces to be made in a few months.

This post ended up pretty long, thanks for sticking around to the end :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards