August 2012 Weddings

Crystal Hair Comb

I went back to the salon today to show my mom the dress and sign my contract and while I was there she put a few different combs in my hair so I could see how they look. The 2nd one she put in matched perfectly to what I am wearing but not in a matchy way. It was what I was looking for but the price is like $105. I found one online for around $75 (that seems to be the going rate up to a $100 or so for what I am looking for) that I am only seeing in pictures. Idk what to do now... I'm torn. Thoughts?

ETA; The one I am thinking about getting online doesn't look like the one I tried on but I think it might work

Re: Crystal Hair Comb

• Just buy the one in person.  The price difference isn't worth the risk and hassle.
  • If you found something you like and have seen in in person the little extra cost may be worth it. Don't forget to add in shipping.. Sometimes on etsy shipping is outrageous! I ordered my hair piece from there, bit haven't received it yet...
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just typed in "crystal hair combs" in google and searched through the websites. Most of them are 80-100 bucks anyways but I wasn't sure if it was worth the risk of going online. I had a HORRIBLE experience with Etsy and won't be ordering through them again.
  • I tried one on at a boutique and fell in love.  It almost convinced me to part with the $250 that it would have cost me!  I did a lot of snooping on web pages and I finally found a wholesale/direct bridal jewelry/accessory website that was worth it. 
    I got a different comb (one I had seen priced at $89 on other websites) for $36.  They also had the exact same brand of veil that I had just purchased for $84 locally on their website for something like $18.  It was something like wedding direct...good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards