August 2012 Weddings

i really dont like my mother...

I have came to the conculsion that my mother is a total "B" - she says and does everything in her power to piss me off - thats 1 reason why i moved 1500 miles away from home.. long story short her half-sister called her last night to say that she is bringing 2 other people with her and 1 of which is a 3 yr old baby.. my mother has heard me time and time again say that i dont want any children near this wedding and also how over guest/budget we are.. so instead of telling her sister that it was not ok to bring people -- she says :"thats nice and make sure you call Aisha"..... Which has no caused me to filp out on my mother - i cant belive her azz...  Really she has only gave me 75.00 towards a 11K wedding and at 150.00 pp 2 more people =300.00 that I dont have at all.. I'm so pissed.. I just really hope that when she get's her on weds i dont have to interact with her because i might snap if she comes at me the wrong way... I am not with it......   

Re: i really dont like my mother...

• If I were you, I would explain to your mother that you have already given the final count and that these people were not invited and therefore, you are unable to accomodate them.  Then I would personally call her half-sister and explain to her that you tried to call the venue to add 2 more people, and unfortunately they will not allow you to since they have already ordered the food. So her guest and the 3 year old can not be accomodated.
    This way it is your call on whether they should come or not, NOT your mothers. And then you can pass the blame onto the venue. ;-)
  • I would call your aunt  and find out for sure if she was planning on bring guests that were not included on her original RSVP.   This is your responsibility to deal with.  Your mom was correct by telling her sister to contact you to discuss, she should not have gotten involved.   It is your wedding not your mothers. 

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am so sorry you are going through this.  We expect mothers to be a certain way and when they aren't, it's so disappointing.  Even more so because it's our mom!

I dislike my mother too.  She said she is too scared to fly out to my wedding and to just go on without her, don't make plans around her - but then she's asking me if she can fly out next month for a vacation (that I host and play tour guide for).  I told her that looks really bad - that she'll fly out for a vacation, but if my wedding is invovled, she panics and flakes out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards