Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake size

We're inviting 230 people to our wedding and are expecting between 200-215 (the 20% doesn't apply here, we've already been told by the majority that they're all coming!). How big should I order the cake? How many people should I put down as it serving? Should I go by how many people are attending or higher than that?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake size

• edited December 2011
    Go off of how many people are attending (and for the sake of numbers always base that on 100% attendance).  If you take that number to your baker and tell them what shape of cake you want they will be able to tell you how many tiers and what sizes.  We heard different recommendations from the 2 different bakers we met with.

ETA: If you are envisioning a massive cake, you can always have some layers be fake. or if you would prefer a small cake, you can always order sheet cakes for the back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cake-size?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:026bc3d7-bca6-41b2-91e5-d82f47e0ca16Post:6b983326-3644-4bc4-8a40-d579157ef753">Re: Cake size</a>:
    [QUOTE]Go off of how many people are attending (and for the sake of numbers always base that on 100% attendance).  If you take that number to your baker and tell them what shape of cake you want they will be able to tell you how many tiers and what sizes.  We heard different recommendations from the 2 different bakers we met with. ETA: If you are envisioning a massive cake, you can always have some layers be fake. or if you would prefer a small cake, you can always order sheet cakes for the back.
    Posted by Allycat11[/QUOTE]

This!!
  • doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have 300 people invited to our wedding. I don't want a massive cake. We will be doing a few small ones of different flavors, but all frosted the same. (My friend offered to make them as a gift. I have faith in her and I don't really care if they look homemade or not. They will still be delicious!)
    I am actually contimplating making cake pops with that machine. They would look awesome as an edible decoration for the cake table!! :D I am going to put it on my wedding registry and if I get it for the shower, then I will make them. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards