Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Beer Suggestions for my wedding

We are trying to figure out what beer to serve at our wedding this July.  We were looking to get 3 or 4 different kinds of beer. We were thinking a light beer (bud light, Coors light, miller light, etc.), A Summer beer (Possibly Landshark or Corona), then something like blue moon or shock top.

Our meal will be plated barbecue. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Beer Suggestions for my wedding

• Options

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but it sounds like good choices.  To be honest though, I've never even heard of Shock Top, therefore I'd probably go with Blue Moon.  Also, maybe Sam Adams Summer Ale?

• Options
    Those sound like good ideas.  I would probably do a light beer, Corona, Blue Moon (or Shocktop or Sam Summer, don't need more than 1 of the 3), and maybe add Heineken.
  • Options
    I agree that you should do something darker. A light beer, a summer beer and a ligh hefeweizen/wheat beer are all quite... well, light. At the very least I'd make one a Guiness, or even Killians or Newcastle. Something with a little more body. An IPA would be good, too. Personally not my favorite, but, at least where I live, it's very popular.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Hi, at our outdoor farm/ranch wedding, we had these choices for alcohol:
    Bud light, Stella, Coronoa, Amstel Light, Blue Moon.  Then red & white wine, champagne and two signatrue drinks: The blushing bride & Golden Groom.

I think the choices you picked are good.  We picked choices based on what we knew our friends and family would drink.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I was at a wedding last year, my friend had custom made beer.  You can pick the kind of beer and customize the label.  My friend picked two kinds. "Blondie" for the bride since she is a blone and the beer was a pale ale.  The other was called "Russian Red" since he is Russian and the it was a darker beer.  Everyone loved it.  The guys loved the beer.  The girls loved the custom label.  Great party favor! 

http://www.quixoticbrewing.com/wordpress/

The website doesn't have much, but you can probably contact them for info.  I am thinking to do the same thing!

Good luck!
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm just going to throw this suggestion out there, just to mix it up a bit.  Especially in the summer, a lot of the girls around here take a pass on the beer and head straight for the Mike's Hard.  For a lot of our non-beer drinking friends, this has always been a popular alternative.
  • Options
    At my wedding it's BYOB mainlly because I'm going to have 300+ people at my wedding. I'm not a big drinker of beer but when I do go for one I go for Stella Artois and Heineken, Samuel Adams summer Ale is really good and for a more common bear I would go for Budweiser. Mikes lemonade is also a great choice to have, even wine coolers for the ladies.
    He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.
  • Options
    Try checking out beer forums/sites. Pintley lets you browse by the style of beer (stout, IPA, amber ale, etc.) and lists the highest rated ones for you: http://www.pintley.com/browse/

And personally, the beers you listed are fine for non-beer drinkers but a yawn for those who enjoy a good brew. If you're really looking for some great beers, I listed a few below.

Summer Beers: Hell High or Watermelon by 21st Amendment (tastes just like watermelon! It's awesome), Woodchuck Hard Cider, Tweason'ale (a strawberry, gluten-free beer by Dogfish Head)

IPA's: Ranger by New Belgium, Pliny the Elder by Russian River, Black Top by 21st Amendment.

Other: Sam Adams, Anchor Steam, Newcastle, Magic Hat #9
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards