Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Candy Buffet

Does anyone have the candy jars they would like to sell or rent?  These containers add up $$$. 

Re: Candy Buffet

• Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I asked my family and friends if they had anything I could borrow. I actually got a lot of different sizes and different shapes. Then I did not have to worry about selling them (or where am I going to keep them) after.

I would also post on Wedding Classifieds. Many knotties try to sell theirs.

I know many knotties have had luck at places like TJMaxx for jars.
  • Options
    SOINLUV825SOINLUV825 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm interested in doing the same thing for my reception. I came across some really reasonable dishes at www.orientaltrading.com.....If you aren't familiar with it they have tons of wedding items for really decent prices!!!!!! Congrats and I hope this helps!
  • Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think TK shop also sells them, and they offer coupon codes/specials frequently.
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to a dollar store and see what you can find.
  • Options
    mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try looking at places like TJ Maxx, Ross, and Marshalls. I got all of my jars from these stores and I didn't pay more than $8 a jar.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and i have decided to do more of a Candy buffet with bowls vs. jars.  We found a bunch of different sized/shaped bowls at Michaels (mostly the ones on clearance) and they'll work just fine.  :)  Now we just need some scoops!!  :)
    Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got all mine at various thrift stores. I never paid more than $1 for a jar. I found old fashioned penny candy jars, heart shaped dishes, a brandy snifter glass (huge), etc. Check out Goodwill, Salvation Army, or any other thrift stores in your area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards