Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cotton Candy Maker

Hey everyone,
I want to do cotton candy at my wedding along with my candy table. Does anyone have any advice about buying or renting on cheap. Any previous experiences of people who have had one at their wedding. Thanks!

Re: Cotton Candy Maker

• edited December 2011
    We used to have one at a semi-annual school fair in junior high. It's messy. You'll need someone to man it who doesn't mind getting sugar on their clothes.

Can't recommend vendors as you're not local, sorry.
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Cotton candy making is MESSY. I did it in high school. Always had sugar in my hair at the end of the night.  You might need to hire someone to run it so your guests don't get their clothes messed up.

You'll want to look for a local vendor that carries concession supplies - if they have beverage machines, popcorn machines, etc, they will probably have cotton candy machines.
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the idea, but maybe instead of making it there you could have it already made. Then just set it up for people to grab one. Have them already on the stick. Just a thought.
  • MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having one for our "sweets" station along with a "cookie bar".... the person we are renting it from is staying to run it so hopefully it doesn't make a mess... I don't know if this is an option but I would call local party rental companies and look into it maybe?
  • edited December 2011
    We are looking into one as well, they aren't so bad to rent (130 is about the price I have seen to have it for a day) the problem is finding someone to man the station.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards