Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Stations for Cocktail Hour and Seated Dinner

I'm having a cocktail hour with stationd and no passed food and a seated dinner consisting of an appetizer and main course (duet of beef and chicken). How many stations should I have for the cocktail hour? Does it depend on the number of choices per station? Does it depend on the amount of times the food is refilled? I was thinking a veggie station, a fish station, a carving station, a mediterranean station and a sushi station. Thogughts?

Thanks!

Re: Stations for Cocktail Hour and Seated Dinner

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a lot of stations for cocktail hour.  I would ditch the carving and fish station because when I think cocktail hour I think of finger foods.  The sushi station (only good if you know many of your family and friends enjoy sushi) can double as the fish station and you're already serving chicken and beef at the reception so you don't need to do a carving station.

On a side note, I never understood why people have a ton of food at a cocktail hour when dinner is to immediately follow.  It kind of seems like a waste of food.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ditch the fish station. The carving station and the sushi station were the big hits at my wedding. Include some vegetarian sushi. I'd have 3 or 4 stations, depending on the number of guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards