Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

An oversight when deciding how to handle food. Eeeeekkk!

When I first started planning my wedding a good friend of mine offered to provide all of my food for my wedding. She and her husband are food brokers and can get restaurant quality food for next to nothing. She was also going to have a friend of her who is a chef (for the company she works for) handle all of the cooking and setting up for a buffet. Well, I am at the point of renting things for the wedding (83 days away) and I was looking at the cost of rentiong plates and such well OMG to rent enough plates, cups, utinsils, and such will cost almost $1,000 (16 plates per rack at $8 a rack plus tax and delivery surcharge). Plus I woudl need to hire servers to handle certain things and that will be a few hundred dollars. So I was wondering if it would just be easier to just hire a caterer?

I found a caterer that is about $19 a person and they provide food, wait staff, china, clean up, decorations for food tables as well as cake tables. My rough estimates shows it would cost about $2500 for food and everything. Do you think it is worth it to just get the caterer and not have to worry about everything else (like renting, clean up, etc)?

M
Photobucket
My Aisle Runner

Photobucket
My DY invitation.

Re: An oversight when deciding how to handle food. Eeeeekkk!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards