Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

hotel receptions

Hello Ladies, this is my first written post. I just got engaged last week and I have to admit, I have been lurking for a bit and have gotten some awesome recommendations! So I need some more, we are looking into having the reception at a hotel. Has anyone done this that they could recommend? Do you have to use your own cateer? Do you have to use what they have or can you bring people in? That kinda helpful info. I'm looking at Dallas, north Dallas and Plano. Thanks in advance!

Re: hotel receptions

• Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most hotels will require that you use their in-house catering.  In my opinion, even though this can raise the price, it takes a lot of stress off you.  They handle SO MUCH when you have it at a hotel.  I live in Denton and rarely venture south, so I don't have any recommendations for you, but GL and welcome to the board. :)
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like Mandy said, most hotels require you to use them for food.  However, I know some make exceptions if you need kosher food, or if they don't provide the type of food you are looking for (Indian for instance).  I had my reception at the Marriott Legacy Town Center in Plano and I loved it.  Was it more expensive than if I had picked my own caterer or went with a different venue type, yes.  But we got a suite the night of the wedding and they also allow you to use the hotel for bridal pictures.  Plus the whole process was so easy.  You don't have to bring in chairs and tables, they provide a dance floor, and some hotels will throw in free rewards points so that you can stay with them later for free.  I also looked at a couple of hotels in north Frisco if you are interested in going that far south, so let me know if you want some more info on them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any recommendations either, but I wanted to say welcome and congratulations on your engagement!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a hotel reception.  We are using our hotel's restaurant/caterer, although I believe we could have brought in our own.  They also have a pastry chef but we are providing our own cake.I love my venue (The Warwick Melrose in Uptown) and I get all my linens, dishes, servers, bartenders, valet, etc. without having to worry about it.  I also have a DOC which is huge.  There is alot to like about it that's for sure.  I am bringing in my own decor although they do still provide alot and could have used more if I had opted to.  I have pics of everything in my bio.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, screwed up my directions.  I looked at a few hotels in south Frisco if you are willing to go that far north.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just from reading magazine spreads, I love weddings at The Stoneleigh, The W, and Hotel Crescent Court.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! We are excited! I would prefer North Dallas as far as Frisco. Steph, I have looked into that hotel Marriott Legacy Town Center, it looks beautiful. I am having a small wedding 150 people if that is small :) and I would love to talk to you more about this hotels and the others. I just can't figure out how to email on here....too new ;) Thanks!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Stoneleigh--but did not have a good experience with the WC there.  I wanted something unique and "boutiquey" with an outdoor ceremony site.  Hotel ZaZa has done some beautiful weddings also.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we booked the hotel we had a guest list of 200 but only 170-ish after RSVPs came in, so your guest list size would work well there.  The other 2 hotels I looked at in that area were the Westin Stonebriar and the Embassy Suites Frisco.  If you have any questions, feel free to page me on here.  You can just start a new thread with my user name as the title.
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing mine at the Hilton Park Cities! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!We have to use their caterer which is making it a bit more expensive but well worth it! Less stress on me and the chef is fabulous!
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any advice for you because my FI and I were specifically looking for non-hotel venues, but I just wanted to say congratulations and welcome! Lurk no more!
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also want to check into a restaurant.  They can provide you with a lot of those things too.  We had ours at Maggiano's Little Italy and it was great.  There are other restaurants too that do the same thing I'm sure.  Whether you do a hotel or a restaurant, they do make it so much easier for you.  You pay for that but I felt it was worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know, another good alternative to hotels are golf/country clubs. You'll get the same "all-inclusiveness" but it doesn't necessarily have to be in a ballroom.
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    kcmedstudentkcmedstudent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing the Renaissance hotel off 75 and Campbell.  I'm not sure what your budget is, but for 150 with buffet meal it is going to be about $10000.  They have cheaper meal options if you want, but it's an evening wedding so we're serving a full meal.  That includes linens and chair covers.  They even provide mirror centerpieces with glass bowls for flowers or candles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards