Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cupcake Tower Placement?

Hello All! I am having a cupcake tower and a candy bar at my reception. I was going to put the cupcakes in the middle and have the candy surrounding it. But, now I am concerned that people are going to start eating the cupcakes and the tower will look terrible when we go to cut our top layer...

What to do? Do we just need to put the cupcake tower on a separate table and people will know not to touch it as they would not touch a regular cake? Or, will they leave it alone in the middle of all of the candy?

Thank you!!
Baby In My Belly!!

Re: Cupcake Tower Placement?

• Options
    naiadfaenaiadfae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully they'll know not to touch it...we're doing cupcakes as well.  I've thought of having a family member stand and politely direct guests to wait for the cupcakes, a good way to give a job to someone who wants to be part of day but you have nothing else for them to do.
  • Options
    arichards34arichards34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the cupcake tower and the candy bar is such a good idea!
    sunny days, sweeping the clouds away..
  • Options
    tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest setting it up like a traditional wedding cake with it's very own table.  If you stick it with the candy, guests might mistake it for a regular dessert.  HTH
  • Options
    1beaubride1beaubride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also am having a cupcake cake. My placement will be on a seperate table. I also am having a candy bar, but mostly for the little ones...and I certainly don't want their hands on the cupcakes. Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My baker specializes in cupcakes, and she told me that many of her events people eat the cupcakes before they are supposed to, at her own wedding people ate about half the cupcakes before the cutting, she jokingly offered us her husband as a cupcake gaurd lol
    I am hoping having them on a separate table slightly apart from the festivities will help, as well we plan to have food out and circulating the whole time, I used to work for a catering company and know that people like to eat continuously in social and celebratory situations. They will take whatever food is there I've noticed. So we hope to bypass the cake issue by always having something else available.

• Options
    whitebikiniwhitebikini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!! We will definitely have to put it on a separate table. The catering manager at the resort said that most people get the "cake/cupcake" special moment concept. But ya never know! Hopefully a separate table will do the trick ;0

Happy weddings everyone!! WOO HOO. Only 16 days :)
    Baby In My Belly!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards