Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

More Food?

Hi ladies!

We are having a station dinner for our wedding. Originally we planned for approximately 50 guests and had the following menu planned: heavy hor'dourves for cocktail hour, two stations (beef tenderloin with dinner rolls and a shrimp and grits). 

However, now we are looking at around 75 guests. I was wondering if we should add another station to make sure we have enough food and variety of foods for the guests. We were thinking of adding either a mashed potato station (with various toppings) or a pasta station.

What do you guys think? Do we have enough with our original menu or should we add the extra station?

Thanks!

Re: More Food?

• Options
    If I were in your shoes, I would add a pasta station. I think it would provide a nice variety to guests.
  • Options
    I would add something else.  If you do a pasta station, can you make sure there are veggies so people can have pasta primavera?  You don't seem to have many veggies.  
  • Options
    The pasta station would have two different types of pasta, five different sauces, and tons of both veggies and proteins that could be added.
  • Options
    I would do the pasta station.  That adds more variety than a mash potato bar.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_more-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:0c027f3d-dcf5-4db7-ac4c-e97a86a2560fPost:f5b47276-a557-4f3c-aec3-15baa6adf508">Re: More Food?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The pasta station would have two different types of pasta, five different sauces, and tons of both veggies and proteins that could be added.
    Posted by kbgypsy[/QUOTE]

Yep, that sounds perfect.
  • Options
    Pasta station would be a nice touch.
  • Options
    Pasta over potatoes.
  • Options
    I vote for pasta station!

• Options
    I'd add the pasta station and also add a green salad. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards