Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cupcake for wedding cake

I think I want to do a cupcake stand for our wedding cake with a 6in cake on top with our monogram on top. My question is do we cut the top tier of the cake for our cake cutting. i am not really worried about saving it for our 1st Anniversary. Do we have to save it and also if we do save it what will we cut for that part of the reception....a cupcake? Thanks in advance.

Re: Cupcake for wedding cake

• edited December 2011
    there is no correct way to do this... so...you can cut the top tier if you get a mini cake for the top. if you don't you can use cupcakes and just feed each other a bite of those.if you want to save the top tier, use cupcakes for the "cutting".  most girls on here will say not to bother with saving the top tier since its old gross cake. just buy a mini cake next year for your anniversary.
  • cbjkcbjk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be completely up to you...I don't think saving the top cake for your anniversary is really that big of a deal. I was thinking of doing cupcakes too, I found a "cupcake" cake pan. If I can talk the lovely man into agreeing with me on cupcakes I'm going to use our top layer as a decorated "cupcake cake". The plan was to cut into that, because we are not going to save any for the anniversary!
  • hollyberrie05hollyberrie05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a cupcake cake with the top tier of the stand having a 6" round. We're cutting the cake and not saving it for our anniversary...we're both so excited about our cake, we're gonna split the top on our honeymoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards