LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Post this on your local board
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    There's nothing worse than NOT getting the cake you ordered for your wedding (ESPECIALLY when it comes to flavor - - design stuff can be overlooked, but if it's the wrong flavor, forget it!)...  We got not only the baker who hated my design ideas (just how hard are snowflakes all over a cake for design?!?!?), but the wrong design delivered, it was poorly done (could see the bakers hand and finger marks all over the outside of the cake), AND the wrong flavor, so I know what you're going through...  I'm not defending the baker for delivering the wrong cake or arriving later than expected with the wrong product (which still would have been long before your reception), but it's the take a moment to stop and consider that there may be more to the story than what you were let in on...  Playing devil's advocate here..  What if your topper was so lopsided that it would have wrecked your cake for good (think slinky down the side of each tier as it fell) and your baker was trying to keep that from happening...  What if the supports weren't enough to support the topper (told it's a light topper when it's actually a HEAVY topper for the cake)...  What if the topper was going to bleed toxic materials (think oil based pigments or toxic flowers) into your cake and your baker was arguing so none of your guests would get sick from it...  What if your baker was there at 1:00 and no one else was at the site to sign off on the delivery (even though they CLAIMED they were)... or what if their dog just died and they were having a PMS day...  Just trying to say pick your battles for the things you know happened and count your blessings on others...  You know you had your cake delivered before the reception...  It wasn't the flavor you ordered...  And... She DID give you some form of a refund, if it wasn't acceptable to you (even though it took time), then you shouldn't have accepted it...  Count your blessings on that one because we never got ANYTHING even offered from our baker who messed up the whole cake... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Deleted

• Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I totally get where you're coming from because our baker also had sort of the "it's not MY fault" attitude too (especially after her face turned sheet white to read "spice cake" as the flavor) and just a little "just fall on your sword and get back up gracefully when you mess up", but also offer a reasonable something (not full refund, or even half, but at least offer me to make a SMALL (6" or 8") cake in the RIGHT FLAVORS sometime...)... and as for how it tasted, I'm not a fan of pound cake unless it's under about 4-5" of strawberries and whipped cream, and I had 3-tiers(13,11,9) of pound cake ... instead of moist spice cake that DH & I ordered (took us three years before we finished off the last wedge of it from our deep freezer - and it tasted better as it aged)...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards