Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

2 meats and 2 veggies?

The place that we have chosen for our wedding provides their own food and I was looking at their buffet menu and starting to think about what we are going to have and what it is going to cost. I am leaning towards have 2 meats, 2 veggies, and a cheese, fruit, veggie and dip platter. There will also be rolls and salad on each table. And I guess you could also include wedding cake in what we are going to eat. I was wondering if this is enough kinds of things to eat or if I should add an appetizer. I would like to keep it at a lower budget but want to make sure that there is enough.
Photobucket

Re: 2 meats and 2 veggies?

• Options
    golden1215golden1215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO I'd do 1 meat and go with an app.  I don't even expect more than 1 meat on my plate at a wedding but apps are really nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd definitely do two meats (or a meat and a fish), but maybe increase the veg to 3. While people may want to limit themselves to one meat on their plate, having a choice is super important. I know I have various friends who will only eat one of: chicken, beef or pork, and we had a very small guest list. Overlay all those picky eaters on top of each other and it's just crucial to give guests a choice IMO.
  • Options
    kfilemyrkfilemyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I would like to have more apps so I might ditch the veggie platter. By the way what does IMO stand for. Still a little knew
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the veggies. I can't eat meat, so what I could eat at your wedding might be very limited, depending on what it is.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    UDscoobychickUDscoobychick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there a starch of some sort in the buffet?  That sort of seems to be missing.  But, assuming you don't have a huge number of vegetarians on the guest list, I think that sounds good.

P.S.  IMO means "in my opinion."  Similarly, you might see IMHO, which is "in my humble opinion.
  • Options
    kfilemyrkfilemyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for letting me know that IMO means :) There is going to be bread and salad on the table. One of the 2 "veggies" was going to be mashed potatoes and I think something like a mix of other veggies. I keep on feeling like there needs to be an app or something. My wedding is still really far away, I guess in my next meeting I could ask what other people have done and how it has worked.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    UDscoobychickUDscoobychick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd think that the cheese/fruit/veggie platter would be good for an appetizer...that's generally my favorite thing to munch on as an appetizer, anyways.  You could see about adding some bruschetta (which is usually pretty cheap) if you REALLY want a hand-passed app.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards