Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

XP: Champagne Bar

I want to have a champagne bar. As a guest, what would you prefer? A bar with different juices, liquors and garnishes or 2-3 premade cocktails to choose from?

We are purchasing all our own liquor, beer, wine, etc. and the caterer is providing the bartenders.

Re: XP: Champagne Bar

• edited December 2011
    I like my champagne straight so as long as I was able to get that I'd be happy. But I would say that having different juices & liquors would be the most accommodating for your guests so that they could get whatever they like rather than being stuck with options they may or may not like.
  • edited December 2011
    A choice, so if you like it plain you're good, if you like more juice then champagne you're good, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of people really dislike champagne, so having a bar of champagne may not be the best plan. I would say it would be best to have a champagne cocktail or two as a part of your pre-made cocktail selection.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with bethbloom.

Most people I know don't like to drink a lot of champagne. They'll tolerate a toast, but they won't even drink all of that. The Champagne cocktail idea is nice, but I wouldn't offer a whole bar of it. Do more with wines and beers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Knot AnnieKnot Annie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Of course these Knotties make a good point, but one of my favorite Austin Knotties had an adorable Cava bar w/ fruit nectar to make your own champagne cocktails. Also fresh fruit. She used it to save some money and guests really liked it. If you want to PM me I will send you a few photos.

KA

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards