Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake topper ideas

I am having trouble finding a cake topper I like. The simple letter ones are only ok to me and I can only find them in silver, where our wedding colors are peach and champagne. I found the cute hand painted ones that can be personalized, but i've been told it is too informal for my simple but elegant look. I thought it would be a nice pop of personality, opinions?

Re: Cake topper ideas

• Options
    Still not sure exactly what you're looking for, but Etsy has AMAZING cake toppers and most of them are out of my budget, but I have gotten some great ideas. I will probably end up making mine. *gulp*
  • Options
    I am looking for cake topper too! I would love to have one specially made for us that includes our black lab on the cake. Any ideas for that?

Here is a wed site with a lot of different toppers. Also try doing a web search for what you may be looking for.

http://www.thatsmytopper.com/

Hope that help!
  • Options

I ditto etsy.com.  I got mine from there and absolutely loved it.  BTW, though our wedding was elegant and formal we still used the cake topper to show our personality.

• Options
    The ones that I found on Etsy were the wooden figures that they paint. I want one for him that has a redwings shirt under the suit, but I love the star wars for me. I did see several that included pets.
  • Options
    I want a male/female cardinal couple as my wedding topper and I was told by my cake designer that she'll make one for $50 if I can't find figurines first.  
  • Options
    You can use the topper to reflect your personality or I'm hoping to use my parents cake topper as I don't want to buy my own since it's the kind of thing that just sits and collects dust somewhere after the wedding.  If you have a relative or someone else you know who's been married a long time or whose marriage you look up to, you might be able to ask them if they still have theirs.

The sentiment is nice as they will be married 40 years but the problem is that my parents topper was really basic (plastic bells covered in glitter) which have discolored and I'm trying to figure out a way to update it a bit.  Fortunately, my mom doesn't mind me changing it.   I'm trying to figure out a food safe paint and maybe edible glitter or something. 
  • Options
    We are getting ours from http://www.etsy.com/listing/73454925/custom-silhouette-wedding-cake-topper-in It's not too crazy expensive and can be totally personalized.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards