Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Brunch Ideas

I needs ideas, suggestions, any kind of help on types of food for an AM wedding.

Re: Brunch Ideas

• Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Scones, muffins, danish, omelets made to order, bagels, english muffins, juice, mimosas, bloody Mary's, fresh fruit, cheese.  That's all I've got for now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Smoothie bar, pancakes made to order (choose multigrain or buttermlik, fruit add-ins, etc.), belgian waffles, french toast.  At brunch there's often more of a lunch food, like a hot pasta dish (maybe pasta with sundried tomatoes and fresh mozzarella) or some fish or meat.  
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How early is the reception?  If it's around 10am I would go with brunch items.  Nothing too heavy since it's so early in the day.  And I like kmmssg's idea about the beverages.  Having just those options may save you some money on your bar tab too.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    BrambleBerryBrambleBerry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do stations with a breakfast around the world theme!

- Paris-

Champagne and chocolate covered strawberry station... have some sort of champage fountain and mixers so people can make bellinis or mimosas. 

made to order omelettes

crepe station with sweet and savory options for fillings

A a fancy table with artisan breads, fruit, and cheese and croissants

- New York-
    Bagels, Bialys with smoked fish, lox, cream cheeses, knishes

-Florence-
    Cappuchino bar
    Italian hot chocolates
    Tiramisu shooters
    Fresh Mozzarella Bar

-Mexico-
    Huevos Rancheros
    Chorizo
    Burrito Bar
    Corn Cakes

Then, maybe have some passed breakfast type hors d'oeuvres but with a twist--- 

• Options
    greatfood23greatfood23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I work with a catering company in west columbus. If you woukd like I could email you a menu. We have lots of options and theres no pressure to use us but our prices are very affordable Smile  My email is greatfood23@yahoo.com 

• Options
    amyb140amyb140 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our ceremony is at 10:30 and cocktails start at 11:30 - here's what we're having!

We are having a brunch reception at the Peninsula Hotel in downtown Chicago - cocktail hour on the outdoor terrace and buffet in the ballroom.  Here's the menu:

-Wine, champagne, mimosas, bloody marys
    -Still and sparkling mineral water, assorted soft drinks, flavored iced teas

-Selection of chilled fruit juices
    -Trio of seasonal fruit smoothies
    -Tropical fruit martinis with acai berries
    -Steel-cut oatmeal, dried berries, roasted walnuts and brown sugar
    -Mini pancakes, berry-vanilla compote, maple syrup
    -Grilled ham biscuit with creme fraiche, scrambled eggs, and Wisconsin cheddar cheese
    -Applewood smoked bacon and chicken-cherry sausage
    -Sweet pepper and onion roasted breakfast potatoes with rosemary
    -Scrambled eggs
    -Omelet Station:  Farm eggs prepared to liking by our Chef with a selection of:  Canadian bacon, artichokes, rock shrimp, smoked bacon, cheddar, feta, and Swiss cheeses, spinach, peppers, fresh herbs, smoked salmon, wild mushrooms, onions, teardrop tomatoes

-Roast beef carving station with red onion jam, tarragon mustard, Parker House rolls
    -Coffee and tea selection
    -Freshly baked butter croissants, assorted muffins and Danish pastries, banana bread and warm sticky buns, butter, jam, honey, and preserves
    -Wedding cake:  3-layer lemon cake with one layer of raspberry preserve filling and one layer of lemon curd, white buttercream frosting

imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards