Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Multiple cakes?

So I'm thinking rather than do a tiered cake I'm thinking of 3 separate cakes, all the same size, different flavors (TBD) with white butter cream frosting with a little scroll work on the sides and real flowers on top.

Is this a good idea? I think I've seen something similar at weddings I've been to, but haven't  been able to find any cake stands that are the same size but variable heights.  Would I need any kind of floral arrangement around the cake?

Re: Multiple cakes?

• Options
    RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I want the same thing.  Most bakers I've talked to have the right stands/risers to do it.  They've said it isn't a problem.  They don't tier them, just make an arrangement with the cakes and some flowers. 
  • Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good to me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    JennVT11JennVT11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea. Seems like it would add more unique visual interest. The only problem I can forsee is after the individual cakes have been served, then you have nothing left but the cake stands and then the table may look a little bare. Are you planning to have sheet cake after the "real" cakes are gone?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your baker should have them, if they don't you can find them online but they can be  a little pricey if your not going to use them again. The ones that i have are clear, hollow tubes that can be filled with clear plates.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is what we are probably doing, too.  We loved one particular bakery, but the price per slice ($7) for a traditional tiered wedding cake was more than we wanted to spend.  We're probably going to get three separate cakes for the "wedding" cake and then FI wants a groom's cake, so we'll have that too.  We get everything we want for about 1/2 the price of the traditional tiered cake. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards