Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Poll: Signature Drinks

Are you doing them? Are you chooisng based on colour? Flavour? Bonus points for recipes!

Re: Poll: Signature Drinks

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did three:

Pear Ginger Saketini (we wanted sake as a nod to our years spent living in Japan)
    Lilikoi (passion fruit) Mojito (passionfruit is my favourite flavour)
    Lychee Bellini (because I love me some champagne!)
  • Options
    mizzicantwaitmizzicantwait member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are doing signature drinks.. as of right now we are basing it on the same liquor and color but we are meeting with the bartender later this week. So it might change since my FI and I have very different tastes. I love sweet drinks and he hates them =/. I will let you know what we choose!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing 2 signature drinks I think.  I am picking one and FI is picking one. I imagine mine will be lemonade or raspberry based-both of which go with our color scheme but I am sure FI's will be some sort of Jack and Coke type thing so it won't necessarily coordinate but thatis perfectly ok.

We talked about doing a summer brew plus the 2 sig dirnks which would allow me to nix the lemonade from my drink and go with raspberry!  I love raspberry mojitos!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked ours because it was an Autumn Eve Cocktail and we got married in September.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our colors are black & white. We are contemplating having Black Russians and White Russians, because they both have vodka, with different mixers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We'll probably do at least a couple, if only to make use of fancier liquors people may not know what to do with.  I'm a big martini girl, and I demand to have a fancy drink in my martini glass!  I think our signatures will be:

Lemon Drop:  1 1/2 oz citrus vodka, 1/2 oz simple syrup, 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice, sugar.  Put everything but the sugar in a shaker with ice and shake. Rim martini glass with sugar. Pour martini into glass.  Enjoy!

Shark Attack:  this is a full-size drink, not a martini.  Fill glass with ice.  Fill up about halfway with lemonade. Pour in 1-2 oz vodka, 1/2 oz blue curacao, and a good splash of grenadine.  Don't mix it because the grenadine is supposed to look like blood.

Depth Charger:  kind of like the Shark Attack, but in martini form.  Put a cherry at the bottom of a martini glass.  Mix 1 1/2 oz vodka (any fruity flavor will work), 1/2 oz blue caracao, and 1-2 oz lemonade in a shaker with ice and pour.

Espresso Martini:  1 1/2 oz vanilla vodka, 1/2 oz Godiva chocolate liqueur (or any chocolate liqueur), 1/2 oz half-and-half or Bailey's, 1/2-1 oz espresso.  Shake everything in a martini shaker. Pour a swirl of chocolate syrup around inside of martini glass, pour. 

Flirtini: 1 1/2 oz citrus vodka, 1/2 oz Cointreau, 1/4 oz lime juice, 1/2 oz each of cranberry and pineapple juice, a splash of champagne.  Pour everything into a shaker and shake. Strain into a martini glass.  It should be foamy on top and kind of bubbly.  If you want to make it in a pitcher, mix in everything but the champagne and then pour the champagne into the martini after it's poured so it doesn't go flat.

Rob Roy:  2 oz scotch, 1/4 oz vermouth. Shake, strain, enjoy.  I do indeed love my scotch.

Geez, do I miss tending bar!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my god, those sound amazing! I love me some scotch too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we're doing one in one of our colors.  No real decisions have been made.

Here are the top contenders:

-red apple martini
    -cosmo
    -raspberry marinti

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sort of--we are actually doing a Hot Chocolate Bar for our December wedding. Guests can customize their own drinks with options such as Bailey's, Creme de Menthe, Kahlua and Goldschlager (as well as more traditional options like marshmallows or cinnamon).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like the hot chocolate bar idea :)
    November Siggy Challenge: Favorite On Screen Couple
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since we're in South Florida, we're doing mojitos.

We're thinking maybe cucumber or mango flavored ones, as well as the original.

One thing that our coordinator pointed out is that if you have people walking around with trays of the signature drink during cocktail hour, a lot of people will just take one of those, and then you don't have all your guests rushing the bar first thing.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We will probably do a signature drink with our open bar. I will pick one (Margarita!) and FI is picking one- he's will most likely include Jack Daniels.  They won't match our colors which I must admitt bums be out a tiny bit.
  • Options
    nanderson09nanderson09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also having a Lilikoi drink (I'm from Hawaii, wedding is at my parents' house)

Ours will be a Lilikoi margarita with optional sprinkling of Li hing mui powder (it's a tangy/sweet/sour/salty dried plum flavor...kind of an acquired taste, so that's why it's optional!) The lilikoi margarita will pretty much be normal margarita with lilikoi syrup blended in. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I should have read more carefully - I didn't realize that lilikoi = passion fruit.  I don't think we will do any passion fruit drinks, but we're going to have passion fruit mousse as one of our sweet shots at the end of the night.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a full open bar, but I still wanted to have a fun signature drink :0)

We had a cotton candy martini as our signature drink and re-named it "Butterfly Kiss". It was pink since our colors were light pink and gold, but there aren't too many options for gold drinks. The recipe is vodka, amaretto, and pink lemonade. Everybody loved it and one of my BM's said she was "kissed by a butterfly too many times" lol. I ordered signs from an Etsy seller that were displayed at the bar so people could see what was in them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We ended up doing something called a John Daly, which is an alcoholic Arnold Palmer. It was suggested by our venue as a drink to pass on trays during cocktail hour. It was sweet tea vodka and lemonade. It was really quite good. A few of my friends couldn't stop raving about them. I'm not big on very sweet drinks, but it was a nice combination of something a ltitle fruity, but not over-the-top sweet, so a real crowd pleaser. We also had a full bar.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Hill-WhiltonHill-Whilton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had warm mulled (spiced) red wine for our fall themed wedding. It was perfect.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are actually not having any signature drinks at our wedding. We asked our friends and they said they normally don't go for the signature drinks and they just drink beer, wine or simple mixed drinks like Gin and Tonic or Vodka Cranberry.

Friends who have already had their weddings said they had a lot of extra liquor left over from their signature drinks and it wasn't worth the extra expense.

This made it so much easier on us and so we don't have to stock the bar with liquor that no one or only a couple people will use.
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Linz10882Linz10882 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Mojito!  I think 3 different flavored ones actually-- raspberry, watermelon and mango  (need to check my catering contract, lol).  We live in Miami and it's my favorite drink, so it seems like a perfect fit :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards