Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake Tasting Length

I am having an out of state wedding so when I go to the location to find a baker, I am meeting with a bunch of them.  I am trying to plan times to go, but am not sure how long a cake appointment can last.  Does anyone have any experience in about how long a cake tasting took?  Thanks :)

Re: Cake Tasting Length

• kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours took about an hour.. The baker had cupcakes made of all the cake flavors she makes and then had little sample cups of all the different filings available. 
    Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on you.  If you know exactly what you're looking for you can be in and out of there in 20 minutes.  If you're unsure what you want and you need time to flip through books of designs, etc. then it can take a lot longer. I think ours took about 45 minutes because I wasn't sure what I wanted. 
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cake-tasting-length?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:3741f973-83f1-45ad-b97c-6c51b156d115Post:0393facc-0be0-4810-81ba-0a981cfc0f1c">Re: Cake Tasting Length</a>:
    [QUOTE]It depends on you.  If you know exactly what you're looking for you can be in and out of there in 20 minutes.  If you're unsure what you want and you need time to flip through books of designs, etc. then it can take a lot longer. I think ours took about 45 minutes because I wasn't sure what I wanted. 
    Posted by NOLAbridealmost[/QUOTE]

This! Mine took about 30 mins. I went in knowing what I wanted.
  • PastryChef10PastryChef10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest planning ahead. It can take up to an hour...

As a pastry chef I suggest to look at many different photos and put them in a secure place and look at them in a week, month, etc.. See if you still like what you chose a couple weeks, or months ago.. We can usually take different looks from different cakes and make it your own :)

So make sure you bring pictures of different cakes you like-- Whether it is the colour, the flower placement, the piped detail, etc..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards