Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Deposit?

I wanted to know if there would be a reason why you wouldn't get your deposit back? This is just a general question as our wedding is approaching this question came to mind. TIA! What exactly is the deposit used for besides holding the space for your day. Can you use it if extra guests show up who didn't RSVP or for other things through the venue like a bar tab?

Re: Deposit?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Deposits are generally just to pay for holding your date and to ensure further payment.  I don't believe deposits are used to pay for extra guests or bar tabs.  Usually that's extra and I don't think you really get your deposit back.
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not like an apartment deposit, it's just money to hold your date, and to compensate the vendor in case you don't go through with the event. It's just part of the cost of the venue. I wouldn't expect that money back.
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours state that we get it back if all is well after the wedding because it is a damage deposit but I didn't know if you could use it towards something else for the venue. But we will receive it back a week after the wedding if no damage was found.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would then assume that no, you'd have to pay a separate fee for extra guests or bar tabs and then you'd get your deposit back if no damage was done. Of course, you could call your venue and find out if they'd be willing to substitute any of those extras and just give you less of a deposit back.
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they've said that you'll get that money back, I'd ask your vendor if you can apply it to other parts, but I wouldn't count on it.  A damage deposit (as opposed to a regular date-holding deposit that gets applied to your total bill) is probably like an apartment deposit.  They only decide how much you can have back after the wedding and most vendors require full payment before or on the day of.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards