Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: Anyone hear about this?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This can't be real.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh its real they spoke with the lady on 1061 this morning. I think it is crazy, not to mention the fac they have only been together a year. I can see bartering if all you have is your services but don't expect handouts, if neither one of have a job don't plan a wedding now.
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the blog says they've been together 4 years and they both have jobs and just paid off all her debt in the past year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! That is insane!! Asking strangers to pay for your wedding who probably wouldn't get invited or a thank you because you would have them pay for that too. Must be nice to get a wonderful wedding for free or "donated"hmm....I need a vacation to Italy for a month, than to Europe and than maybe Mexico...Could you pay for it? kthanks bye!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the blog says they've been together 4 years and they both have jobs and just paid off all her debt in the past year. Well good for her...now that her debt is paid off...how about save for your wedding?
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I could get corporate sponsorship. You know, the Official IBM Unity Candle and the Official Sony Cake. Or, I could sell adspace on my wedding dress.
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or sell your kids middle name *upon approval*
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, I paid for my own wedding, and our debt wasn't paid off, and I didn't have a full time job. If you can't get married because you can't afford a party, and the party is that important to you, then you should wait until you can afford it. If she can pay off all her debt, she can save for a wedding.
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know, the Official IBM Unity Candle and the Official Sony Cake. Or, I could sell adspace on my wedding dress. This made me actually laugh out loud!  Good one, Bannana!Seriously, if your going to do this, aren't there better things to attempt to raise money for... like, oh I don't know, college?
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! I cannot believe that anyone would actually donate to her in the first place! That should say more about the idiot who donates! haha
  • Options
    JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I heard about it on KKITM, but I had to go into class before she was on.  I don't know if this is her site or not, but I know that it is real.    My thoughts are really?  Really?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So this one is a diffrent one. The bride on KKITM is at thepoorbride.com, I didn't have to time to check the site this morning and forgot the address by the time I go home. I couldn't read her whole "story" because it is just to butchered. You can tell she has alot of maturing to do. I can't believe people are actually helping them out, people are going to hard times but they choose to donate to a wedding.
  • Options
    danielle0789danielle0789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wasnt there somthing like this a few months ago? Something like the couple had been married,and they wanted to renew their vows or something?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is kind of genius...and hilarious. C'mon ladies! This is America - the home of capitalists trying to make money! :) I don't knock the girl for doing it, but definitely those willing to donate the money to her.
  • Options
    katiekate214katiekate214 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's dumb to begin with just b/c it's tacky. Not to mention since when was having a "nice wedding" what getting married is all about? If you don't have the money then have a small wedding or even go to the JP. If they really love each other and want to commit to one another for life, then the type of wedding they have shoudn't matter. I am lucky enough to be getting my dream wedding but I swear I would give it all up in a heartbeat b/c I don't really care about the wedding itself, I care about marrying Matt...thats the most important thing about a wedding. Not to mention I don't know these people, how do I know they won't be divorced in a year? haha Heres an interesting fact, in Mexican culture often times the bride and groom's family and friends sponsor a part of the wedding so that they can have a nice wedding. For instance and Aunt may pay for and "donate" the cake and a close friend my pay for the photographer etc etc. I feel that this is a much better way of doing things. You aren't asking perfect strangers to give you handouts, your family and friends who love you and want you to have a nice wedding are giving out of the goodness of thier hearts (b.c they actually know you lol) AND, on a serious note why would you donate to this "cause"? We have starving children all over the world, people dying of cancer and other horrible conditions that need cures...Im pretty sure if you have any extra money laying around you should be giving it to a better cause. Its not really anthing against the couple, I think they are lame but who cares, I just think that people who chose to donate money to them rather than MS, cancer, diabetes, CP (should I go on?) are seriously crazy. Oh and didn't a large amount of people die in Fort Hood yesterday? Don't you think the familes of these people could use a donation or two? Oh no wait we should be giving it to some chick who wants a big wedding with orchids and tulle or whatever. The nerve.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards