Options

FI'S CAKE

Anybody do an awesome groomsmen cake? IDEA?????? PICTURES??? PLEASE

Re: FI'S CAKE

• Options
    SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FSIL had a chocolate cake, covered in chocolate ganache and then topped with white chocolate covered strawberries. It was delicious and seems appropriate considering your screen name lol.

I don't really have an opinion about the grooms cake. If it's in your budget then awesome but no one will miss it if you decide not to have one. I think we're going to have one, it's Guinness flavored, pretty good actually and it will be something different for those who want something a little more unique.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing one as a surprise for FI. Hes a pilot for the AF so I made it look like his runways system and put the plan on top. I don't have a photo of it yet but I'll post one after my wedding in 2 weeks! Heres the (really rough) sketch of what it will be modeled after.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you talking about a groom's cake or a cake for just the groomsmen? I'm confused.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to get FI a really cool cake but I can't justify the cost I'd have to spend. He says to skip it and to put the money elsewhere. I plan on still getting him one but something less exciting, sadly, from our local grocery store. At least he'll still get a cake and I'm using the money for our honeymoon!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm surprising FI with a Darth Vader cake... just the helmet.  The groomsmen will bring it out with the imperial death march playing at the reception :)  I love that he's such a nerd!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards