Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

One meat?

We're planning the menu for our wedding and are considering only having one meat. So the meal would be salad, penne, seasoned potatoes, ratatouille, and roast chicken. The meal would be served family style, so guests will be able to eat as much as they'd like. We may or may not be having hor d'oeuvres beforehand.

I'm thinking one meat would be okay, since it's relatively generic - roast chicken. I can't imagine anyone who eats meat, that doesn't like roast chicken. The other option is to also provide Beef Bourguignon, however this increases our costs, as the meal is being served family style we have to pay for each guest to have both, not just the one of their choosing.

What do you guys think about just having one meat, and essentially not providing a choice of meals?

Thanks! :)

Re: One meat?

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to weddings with only one meat choice.  Chicken is generally well-liked.  If this is what you can afford, this is what you should do.
  • Options
    UDscoobychickUDscoobychick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're going to do one meat, chicken is the one to do.  I think it would be fine.
  • Options
    cquinn27cquinn27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's totally fine- I'm only doing one meat option as well, As one Knottie told me- remember, the guests are there to celebrate YOUR wedding, not critique the food- they're not at a restaurant paying for the food after all!

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    pavingtheroadpavingtheroad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It will be fine, since your going with roast chicken it will generally be liked by all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    one meat is fine. and roast chicken goes with your family style meal.

• Options
    tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds yummy & cozy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, chicken works. It's probably your safest bet.

Here's my two cents: I always critique the food. I've lived overseas where the concept of being a good host is really important. It's HUGELY important in my family. And I think food is the one place you can reallyshow your guests how much you appreciate them. The ceremony is about you. The reception is for your guests - to thank them for being part of your lives.
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the chicken is fine. Maybe you could have a choice of sauces for chicken to give your guest a couple of options?

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards