Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Dessert Ideas need opinions

Hey, we are having our convalidation on July 2nd and can't decide on what to serve for dessert since we aren't doing the traditional wedding cake.
We are having a very rustic, woodsey, camping kind of thing. It's 4th of July weekend so there will be BBQ, watermelon, cold salads, etc.

Our dessert ideas are:
S'more cupcakes, we are doing the favors on the left(s'more kits)

Pie in a Jar, with several different fillings (cherry, apple, blueberry)

We are doing the desserts ourselves and they should involve the same amount of work.  Should we choose between the two or do both?
Thanks!

Re: Dessert Ideas need opinions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Both are SO cute, and great ideas! They both sound "rustic," but  I think the s'mores are more rustic and woodsey! Either way though, they are both great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are doing s'more favors then I think you should do the pie jars for the dessert.  Having a s'more favor and s'more cupcakes would be like giving your guests a piece of cake as their favor and then having wedding cake as your dessert, IMO.

If you do cupcakes, I think just offering a variety of different cupcakes would be good. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely the pie! I love all those fresh fruit flavours in the summer... especially because you're already doing the s'mores elsewhere!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    while i think both ideas are great, i LOVE the pie in a jar idea!!!  that would be my choice!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pie in a jar or both (since you are doing the smore kits)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love both ideas. I agree with Kaesha, go with the pie since you already incorporated S'Mores!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards