Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Final Headcount

We're finally approaching the end of wedding planning (yay!). Should I count our DJ and photographer in the final headcount to the caterer? I'm assuming they'll want to eat (it's buffet style).  :)
This kind of love is what I dreamed about ~6.4.10~

Re: Final Headcount

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my photographer had a stipulation in the contract that him and the associate photographer would need meals (fish or vegetarian) and a 30 minute break.  

besides that, i think its more than fair to feed your photog and dj, especially if you have them contracted for a long period of time (my photog is all day).  id just make sure they don't have dietary restrictions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ask your caterer if they give you a break on vendor meals. Mine gives our vendors 1/2 price meals and yes, you have to feed your vendors (DJ, photog, videographer, etc) 
  • Options
    UDscoobychickUDscoobychick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup...I'd check with the caterer to see how they handle vendor meals, then tell them the number of vendors.  Mine will nix the bar charge for vendors, but the vendors don't count toward the minimum in that case.  But definitely feed the vendors!  I had a few that stipulated in their contracts that either they get a meal at the reception or an hour meal break sometime during the night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a good thing to do. Most caterers give discounts for people on plates for other vendors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea give them a head count - but mention they are vendors.  My food cost includes the open bar (so the vendor meals are discounted because they assume they won't be drinking.  My venue didn't advertise this- but I will save $100 -$150 on my vendors' meals!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards