Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Bachlorette Party

My bridesmaids want to know what I want to do for my bachlorette party. I dont know where to go but I dont want the normal crazy drunk party at a club. We are all in our late 20s and growing out of that wild club scene that is filled with partying 21 yr olds. I still want to have fun and drink and celebrate but I dont want the penis necklaces and I dont want to be at the clubs that pull you up on stage so you can make a fool of yourself. My friends know not to go overboard with the bachlorette accessories but I still dont know where to go and what to do. My maid of honor suggested getting a nice hotel room and getting massages and then going out to a nice martini bar or something. Something a little more mellow but still have fun. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do or places we can go in Dallas/Ft Worth?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bachlorette Party

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The last bach party I went to in Dallas, was the normal drunk dance club thing, and it was a blast, but I totally understand that that is not what you are up for!! Maybe stay at a hotel somewhere, and you guys could get a limo to some calmer bars... I don't know any great ones but maybe uptown would be a good area? Or mercy wine bar in Addison, that's fun and you could call ahead and reserve a table or some couches, possibly, I don't know how that works.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had mine this week and wanted something very similar.  We met at a hotel bar for cocktails, then went to dinner at an italian restaurant and came back to my hotel suite for a lingerie shower with champagne.  It was perfect.Mercy wine bar is very popular--I had also looked into renting a room at Cork'd in Uptown and we were going to have pizza from Grimaldi's next door brought over and have wine and the shower there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After dinner at Gloria's in Addison, my friends and I went to have dessert at The Melting Pot, also in Addison. Both had good drinks and we had lots of fun at both. It was two completely different atmospheres.
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine last night and it was low key and such fun! We just went to eat a restaurant and then back to my mom's house for hanging out and more drinking! Fun and less expensive than buying your drinks out all night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea stephie did...go for dinner somewhere, I know for me sushi is always a blast. Still get dressed up all cute and have dinner with your girls and everyone go back to a hotel room for a lingerie party or game night...I'm a sucker for board games and throw in some music and drinks...there you go a fun low key bachelorette party! Sounds like fun to me!
    Photobucket I finally married the love of my life! Planning Bio: Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe the NYLO in Plano. I hear the bar is happening but never been personally. I think the rates are reasonable though. Also you could go to the Improv in Addison for comedy club.
  • Options
    kimmij_99kimmij_99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my sister's Bach, we did pole dancing lessons.  I'm not sure of a place in your area but in large metropolitan areas, they are becoming more and more popular.  It incorporates a little bit of the sexy fun of a bachlorette but there is not the big drunken bash you don't remember the next day.  EVERYONE who went had a blast and let loose a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards